Date: 10.9.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 755
Livecustomwriting.essayshark.life #Pharmacy admission essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Pharmacy admission essay

Pharmacy admission essay

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Write a Strong Medical School, Dental School, or Pharmacy School Personal Statement Part 5 of 6

Getting into medical school, dental school, or pharmacy school can be difficult. The personal

PERSONAL ESSAY - PharmCAS

Pharmacy admission essay

Essay Writing Service -
How to Write a Pharmacy School Admission Essay | Synonym

Antony and Cleopatra William Shakespeare. Antony and Cleopatra literature essays are academic essays for citation. These papers were written primarily by students and pharmacy admission essay, provide critical analysis of Antony and Cleopatra. Community Thesis. GradeSaver provides access to 843 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 6319 literature essays, 1745 sample college application essays, 259 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in pharmacy admission this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders. Infinite Virtue: A Close Reading of Antony and othello - an critical, Cleopatra, IV.viii.12-18 Alex Hoffer. IV.viii of Shakespeare's Antony and pharmacy admission, Cleopatra is a short scene, less than 40 lines, and an entirely unexpected one. The preceding scenes of Act IV, such as Hercules' departure and Enobarbus' desertion, heavily foreshadow Antony's defeat. When.

Stoic Constancy in Antony and Cleopatra Leah Milner. Antony and online reservation thesis, Cleopatra is a play of conflicting values and paradoxical ideologies. Its central dynamic is the Roman/ Egyptian dichotomy, with each pole representing a web of associated values and pharmacy admission essay, attributes. Egypt is variously associated with the. The Power of True Loyalty Tarek Sultani. The value of loyalty is that it allows its recipient to feel secure in a world where almost nothing is absolute. Under this circumstance, loyalty has become a highly valued quality in today's society. Unfortunately true loyalty is a difficult. Witchy Women: Female Magic and Otherness in Western Literature Rose Roll. Tales of women as sorceresses and magic-wielders abound in the literature and mythology of cultures that promote the gendered binary of culture over nature, activity over passivity, and reason over superstition.

In these patriarchal societies. The title characters of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra are difficult to fully understand due to their seemingly illogical actions towards one another. At times, they seem to be in direct opposition to anthology, each other's causes, yet still fully and. Military prowess is a quality attributed to many of Shakespeare's male characters. Great military men such as Hotspur, Lear, Hal and Julius Caesar share a proclivity for the military arts with Othello and Marc Antony. As a superior dramatist. Meeting and Conversation as Character Development in Antony Cleopatra Jory Anna Nagel. In Shakespeare, first impressions are often an implicit demonstration of admission essay a main theme. In Antony and othello interpretation critical, Cleopatra, the first meeting of Antony and pharmacy essay, Octavius Caesar is community, no exception.

In this reunion of the triumvirate, the three leaders of Rome. How does Shakespeare present Antony and Cleopatra#39;s relationship? Anonymous. Antony and Cleopatra’s love for essay one another is the prominent theme throughout the play, and although both characters profess to an incomparable “peerless” love, they encourage doubt in the audience by acting in a manner that appears to contradict. Rome and Egypt in Antony and Cleopatra Robert Drane. How and interpretation critical essays, why does Shakespeare create two distinct worlds of pharmacy admission Rome and Egypt in the first two acts of the play?

Antony and Cleopatra is set predominantly in Egypt and Rome and Shakespeare organises the plot around the ice storm research, conflict between East and West. Virginia Woolf and William Shakespeare Anonymous. Virginia Woolf’s “A Room of One’s Own” offers a major piece of literary analysis with an eye towards the ever evolving role of the female author. During Woolf’s discussion of past and present writers, she repeatedly refers to the work of pharmacy admission essay William. “Listening in technical on nursing Silence”: The Roles of Captain Wentworth and Cleopatra in Jane Austen’s Persuasion and Shakespeare’s Antony and Cleopatra Anonymous. Placing Jane Austen’s novel Persuasion and William Shakespeare’s play Antony and Cleopatra side by pharmacy essay, side, one observes an interesting parallelism in the manner in which the protagonists are portrayed. Though the views and opinions of Austen’s Anne. Paradox and Similarity in Antony and Cleopatra Phoebe Witts 12th Grade. To its original audience, experiencing political change as the new rule of James led to the expansion of the community, British Empire, Antony and Cleopatra resonates with the “infinite variety” they were experiencing and the vast changeability of the modern.

Duality in admission essay Act One of Antony and Cleopatra Lucy McCracken 12th Grade. 'Antony and Cleopatra' by William Shakespeare is a tragic play which centres around the renowned love affair of the eponymous characters and its political and personal repercussions. In Act One, Shakespeare uses both the distinction of time and. Character Development in Act Two of Antony and Cleopatra Lucy McCracken 12th Grade. With six of its seven scenes set in the West, Act Two of 'Antony and Cleopatra' by William Shakespeare largely concerns the politics of Rome. Act Two is important in further developing the characters of Antony, Octavius, Cleopatra and Enobarbus. Shakespeare#39;s Elusive Cleopatra Anonymous 12th Grade. Of Shakespearean representations of women, it is perhaps the inexhaustible character of research papers Cleopatra that is the most elusive of classification, which seems fitting given Antony and Cleopatra’s own defiance of dramatic genre with its tragic, comedic. Imagery in Antony and Cleopatra Ishan Marvel College. In Antony and Cleopatra, Shakespeare uses grand evocative imagery for a variety of reasons such as juxtaposing Rome against Egypt, and to add different dimensions to the main characters. Moreover, there are a few overriding themes throughout the. Use of pharmacy Stagecraft in Antony and Cleopatra Holly Partridge 12th Grade.

Shakespeare uses stagecraft in a number of different ways to poetry assignment, create dramatic effects in ‘Antony and Cleopatra’. Jacobean stages were very simple, not much more than an empty wooden platform thrust into essay, the middle of spectators with no scenery to. Cleopatra: Merely a Morsel for a Monarch? Megan Shannon 11th Grade. Cleopatra, “Egypt’s Queen,” is arguably Shakespeare’s most resilient and online thesis, enchanting female protagonist. She is personified as the embodiment of her country, ‘the soul of admission Egypt’, and defies the reductive Jacobean “most monster-like” perspective of. West and East: Values in Antony and my coursework columbia, Cleopatra Tina Gan 12th Grade. In Antony and Cleopatra , Shakespeare constructs conflicts between world empire and human passion. The sensual and pharmacy, wasteful opulence of the East, where ‘the the beds are softer’ is juxtaposed to the cold, bare efficiency of the West. Egypt stands. Tension in Antony and Cleopatra Joseph Collins 12th Grade.

In his play Antony and Cleopatra, William Shakespeare develops a constant theme of clashing duty and desire that can be seen throughout the entirety of the work; this theme is most potently exemplified through the actions of the main characters. The Spectrum of Duty and Desire: An Analysis of Antony and Cleopatra Dakotah Gerlach 12th Grade. In his play, Antony and Cleopatra, Shakespeare presents duty and desire on a metaphorical spectrum through the individual narratives of several characters including Antony, Cleopatra and community thesis, Pompey. When presenting duty and desire in Antony and. From Tragedy to Reality: Shakespeare, Samuel Johnson, and admission, Antony and Cleopatra Sebastian Melbourne College. William Shakespeare’s play Antony and Cleopatra and Samuel Johnson’s exploration of Shakespeare’s techniques and his verity within theatre in ‘The Plays of William Shakespeare' both engage the topic of the representation of research reality. The play.

Actium and pharmacy, a New Perspective on Antony: The Dramatic Significance of Act 3 Scene 11 Yaw Guan Hong 11th Grade. The Battle of reservation thesis Actium is one of the more pivotal moments in pharmacy admission essay Antony and Cleopatra. Mark Antony, having lost the battle, undergoes a period of self-reflection and emotional trauma which changes our perception of the character. The analysis of columbia the.

Write My Paper -
Proofread my pharmacy school application essay? - Ars Technica

HBS Class of admission, 2017 MBA Application Essay, Resume, and my coursework, App Form. In this post I will be analyzing the optional essay question and key components of the HBS Application for the Class of 2017 as indicated by the optional MBA essay topic: You’re applying to Harvard Business School. We can see your resume, academic transcripts, extracurricular activities, awards, post-MBA career goals, test scores, and what your recommenders have to say about you. What else would you like us to pharmacy admission essay, know as we consider your candidacy? I did not get this post up in time for R1 as I was too busy working with clients on their HBS R1 applications, but better late than never! SORRY ABOUT THE FORMATTING ISSUES BELOW. I WILL ADDRESS THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. My comprehensive service clients have been admitted to the regular HBS for the Classes of community, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2005.

My clients’ results and testimonials can be found here. Admission! In addition to providing comprehensive application consulting on HBS, I regularly help additional candidates with HBS interview preparation. Community! I have worked with a large number of applicants from Canada, Europe, India, Japan, other parts of admission, Asia, and the United States on HBS application. Research! I think that this range of admission essay, experience has helped me understand the many possible ways of making an effective application to ice storm research papers, HBS. My best HBS client results were the best ever for the Class of pharmacy admission, 2016. I had six clients admitted from five different counties. Their backgrounds and essays varied greatly. In fact, one one of them actually contributed his or her essay to The Unofficial Harvard Business School Essay Book, which made me really happy . I can’t tell you which one. System Thesis! I do highly recommend reading this book because it will give you a really good idea about the range of possible answers and dispel any myths about needing to submit something that is admission essay, professionally written. I would also recommend the old book that contained HBS admits essays. That collection is othello essays, still a good read for understanding how to put together an MBA essay though the specific questions are no longer being asked by HBS.

Combined, both books are really great guides for pharmacy admission someone looking to see sample successful MBA essays. Technical! Beyond those essay books, a piece of absolutely required reading for essay HBS admissions is Poets Quants’ John Byrne’s interview with Dee Leopold, Managing Director of essay, MBA Admissions and Financial Aid at pharmacy Harvard Business School. If you are looking for one article to give you overall insight into how HBS makes admissions decisions, John Byrne has done an exceptional job of asking Dee Leopold the right questions. I will quote from that interview below. Note: Application related content is taken from the online application. Instructions: Please provide a current resume or CV. Ideally, this would be about essay on nursing 1-2 pages in essay, length, but we’re not going to make a fuss if yours happens to reservation, be longer than that.” The resume has always been an important part of essay, any HBS application. Technical Essay! You can find a resume template I have linked to on essay, my blog here.

That resume template can also simply serve as a checklist for what to include. While many schools prefer a one-page resume, HBS really does not care. Depending on a client’s background, I will recommend 1 or 2 pages. I think it best to think of a resume as a record of accomplishment. - An Interpretation Critical! If you have sufficient accomplishments, 2 pages is fine. Some applicants try to pharmacy admission, a use an MBA student’s recruitment resume format as the basis for their own resume, but I generally don’t consider this a good idea as such resumes serve a very different purpose. An MBA resume should really designed to focus on you overall, that is technical essay on nursing, your academic, professional, and personal accomplishments and key facts. Pharmacy! A recruiting resume is meant for a different kind of audience, recruiters, and typically focuses on a much more narrow range of information. When I first start working comprehensively with any client, whether they are applying to HBS or not, I always start with the resume for a couple of reasons: 1. It is anthology assignment, a great way for essay any applicant to summarize the technical on nursing, most important information about them and their accomplishments. It sometimes helps applicants actually remind themselves of what they have done.

2. For me, it is a way I learn about a client so that I can better understand their background. One key thing to remember about what you include on your resume: Anything that is there, just like any component of the essay, application, may become the ice storm papers, basis for pharmacy a HBS interview question. Therefore if you don’t want to talk about poetry it and don’t need to write about it, leave it off the resume. While not mentioned in the HBS essay question, there is also an Employment Section of the application that provides space for you to discuss two positions in detail including providing brief descriptions of your professional accomplishments and challenges. Essay! To some extent this information will overlap with the resume. Online Reservation Thesis! This is admission, nothing to othello critical, worry about. That said the challenge question in particular is very possibly something you would not be covering in your resume. Stanford has a similar detailed employment section in their application, which they seriously. I assume HBS does as well, so just as with the resume, make sure your answers in the application are as effective as possible. Don’t treat it like some form you do at essay the last minute.

First, keep in mind that a dmissions officers read transcripts and are trained to know what they are reading. Anthology! They don’t just look at GPA (If your school calculates it). If there is something really bad on essay, your transcript (a fail, a withdrawal, etc) or odd, you really do want to explain it in online system thesis, the additional section or, in some cases, in the essay. Pharmacy Admission Essay! If is anthology, just a C and you have no specific excuse, don’t bother trying to explain it. Essay! If your academic performance varied greatly from year to ice storm, year (or semester to semester), was there a reason for it?

Is it one that you want to provide? I don’t recommend discussing how you became depressed after your boy/girl friend broke up with you, but, if, for admission essay example, you were taking a major leadership position in technical essay on nursing, a student organization, running a start-up, working a lot to pay for school, doing major research, or playing a varsity sport, you do have a topic worth discussing. Finally, If neither your transcript, GMAT/GRE, or resume indicate that you have solid quantitative skills, you should explain why you do if you can. The proper place to provide that explanation is in the additional section or the essay. Given HBS’ instructions on this, I do highly recommend including your best extracurricular activities with perhaps 2 out of 3 being focused on college/university activities, unless you have some particularly impressive post college/university activities, where I might see including only 1 activity from college/university. If you have done nothing impressive extracurricular-wise after graduating and have 3 good activities from university, feel free to just use use this section for those activities. If you did nothing but study during college or university and really have no activities, hopefully you have three post-college things to include. If you have any activities that are directly relevant to your professional goals or to your personal story and you really want to emphasize them, use this space accordingly.

While I would surely emphasize the most impressive activities in pharmacy admission, terms of leadership or engagement, if you need to focus on personal interests that were not group focused (running for example) because you simply don’t anything better, put it here. Activities that show you are well-rounded, civically engaged, artistic, athletic are all possibilities here. Keep in mind that extracurricular activities can (and usually should) also be fully accounted for on the resume and given the fact that you can submit a two-page resume, there is no reason that can’t account for an activity. Also, if you are not using the space for anything else, the columbia, 500 character additional information section could be used. Instructions: Were you on the Dean’s List? Did your apple pie win a blue ribbon at admission the state fair? Tell us about it here. List any distinctions, honors, and awards (academic, military, extracurricular, professional, community) in order of importance to you (i.e., list the most important first).

You may list up to three awards. For some applicants this section is system, really easy to fill out pharmacy admission essay, because they have won a number of awards, distinctions, or honors and just need to prioritize them. Other candidates will freak out about this section because they never won anything that they think fits. While, it is sometimes really the case that I will have perfectly great applicant who has nothing to report in my coursework columbia, this section, most applicants are actually likely to have something. HBS is not asking you a narrow question here, so think broadly. INTENDED POST-MBA CAREER GOALS. (This is essay, found on community, the Employment page of the application) “Intended Post-MBA Career Goals.

Briefly tell us more about your career aspirations: Instructions: Please only add additional information here if you need to clarify any information provided in pharmacy, the other sections of your application. This is not meant to be used as an reservation thesis, additional essay. Please limit your additional information to pharmacy admission, the space in this section. We’ll know you’ll be tempted, but please don’t send us any additional materials (e.g., additional recommendations, work portfolios). To be fair to all applicants, extra materials won’t be considered. Here it is — the moment you’ve been waiting for! Time to research, do your essay!

(If you want to, that is. Pharmacy Admission Essay! Believe it or not, the essay is optional.) The essay question is: You’re applying to - an critical essays, Harvard Business School. We can see your resume, academic transcripts, extracurricular activities, awards, post-MBA career goals, test scores, and what your recommenders have to essay, say about you. What else would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy? Use your judgment as to poetry, how much to tell us. We don’t have a “right answer” or “correct length” in mind. We review all the elements of your written application to decide who moves forward to the interview stage. Upload your Word or PDF document below.

As far as format goes, use a standard font like Times New Roman or Arial in a size that won’t hurt our (rapidly aging) eyes. No need to repeat the question above unless you want to.” If you read the Harbus essay collection, you will see that applicants handled this essay in pharmacy, a variety of ways last year. Four Ways HBS Evaluates Applicants. My objective when working with each of my clients is to help them identify the best content in their essays, resume, interview and technical on nursing, other application components to admission, show fit for each school they apply to. My approach is to - an interpretation, understand the audience that is being communicated to because the only objective of your application is to communicate effectively to your audience, the admissions committee. The following summarizes what HBS is looking for in terms of three stated values (Habit of admission essay, Leadership, Analytical Aptitude and poetry, Appetite, and pharmacy admission, Engaged Community Citizenship) plus Diversity and online system, the possible places where you can demonstrate these in pharmacy, your initial application (Interview and post-interview not considered below): These four core ways that HBS evaluates applicants need to be communicated in your application and one or more of them should be used in your essay. In addition to those four elements (which are discussed in detail below), other possible common topics for inclusion here would be: -Your wider post-MBA career vision that you could not explain in the 500 character answer on the Employment page. Some applicants will not touch on this topic at all in their essays.

-Why you want an MBA in general? Again, some will address this, others will not. Since there is no place in the application to indicate this otherwise, it would reasonable to explain your rationale for thesis doing an MBA, whether you state this in general and/or terms of essay, HBS in particular is research papers, your choice, but my bias is certainly for being HBS specific. -Why HBS? I don’t think one has to necessarily write in detail about why you want to go to HBS, but providing your overall rationale for why you want to essay, go HBS now is certainly reasonable. If your career vision is thesis, something you are writing about and there are particular aspects of HBS that really relate to it, feel free to essay, mention them.

For a discussion of career vision, why an MBA? or how to explain why you want to attend a particular program, see my analysis of the Stanford essays. If you are a reapplying to HBS, I do recommend addressing that issue either in reservation system, the essay or, if you only need a brief amount of words, in the Additional Information section. Pharmacy Admission! If you are reapplicant, please see here. It is usually the case that ones tries to show growth since the community thesis, last application. Pharmacy Admission Essay! Whatever form(s) this growth takes, you might need a brief amount of word count or significant word count. Common topics:

1. Changes in career goals since the previous application. Essays! Feel free to pharmacy essay, alter your goals, just explain why. 2. Why you are a better candidate now. Anthology! This could be everything from a career change to increased GMAT scores to pharmacy essay, improved English ability to othello - an interpretation, taking courses to pharmacy admission, overcome an academic weakness to a valuable extracurricular activity. The mission of HBS is to educate leaders. I have worked with clients from Canada, France, India, Japan, UK, and US who were admitted to HBS. They had a diversity of educational, extracurricular, and professional backgrounds, but were united by one thing: In one or more aspects of their lives, they demonstrated this habit of leadership.

HBS takes a very broad view of what they are looking for: HBS does not explicitly ask you to show your potential for othello essays leadership in this essay, but it may very well be something you decide to pharmacy essay, write about. Leadership is no easy thing. Nor is it always obvious. If you leadership is fully obvious from resume, than perhaps your essay not discuss it, but the worst possible thing is to poetry assignment, conceive of leadership as simple formal responsibility or a title because this conveys nothing about the person in that position. While some applicants will have held formal leadership positions, many will not. Formal leadership positions are great to write about if they involve the applicant actually having significant impact, making a difficult decision, being a visionary, showing creativity, or otherwise going beyond their formal responsibility, but the same is pharmacy admission essay, true for community thesis those showing leadership without having a formal title.

If you are having difficulty really understanding leadership, one great place to read about leadership, and business in general, is Harvard Business School Working Knowledge. Pharmacy Essay! Also, if you have not done so, I suggest reading relevant essays in technical, 65 Successful Harvard Business School Application Essays: With Analysis by the Staff of the pharmacy essay, Harbus, The Harvard Business School Newspaper. Reading these essays should help you to understand the reservation, great diversity of topics that are possible and not only in terms of leadership. Some clients I have worked with have never really considered themselves as leaders. I think it is pharmacy admission essay, critical that if you are applying to HBS that you have idea about what kind of leader you are. While there are number of columbia, ways to describe leadership, I particularly like this formulation of leadership types that INSEAD Professor Manfred F.R. Pharmacy Essay! Kets de Vries has used in one of his Harvard Business Review blog posts (Disclosure I am a student in my coursework columbia, an INSEAD program that he co-directs): I have previously suggested that applicants who are having difficulty really understanding leadership find out what kind of leader they are by pharmacy essay taking this quiz based on Lewin’s classic framework. While leadership is more complicated than Lewin’s framework, the quiz is anthology, a great way to get you started thinking about yourself, a key part of answering any leadership essay question effectively.

However I think the 8 archetypes above provide a much better guide for those who both have extensive leadership experience and those who think they lack it. Admission Essay! Think of these 8 archetypes as aspirational images of certain kinds of leader. You may fit into more than one category. You may find you don’t feel like you are really good at interpretation essays any of the essay, above in comparison to research papers, the descriptions above, but that is pharmacy essay, OK because you are trying to identify your potential even if it seems based on relatively little “objective evidence.” If leadership is on nursing, not obvious from your resume or likely to be a topic your recommenders will focus on, you should certainly consider how you show your leadership potential. I have never worked with anyone who could not demonstrate potential in at least one of the categories above. Some types of leadership experiences that make for effective essays: -A time you convinced someone or some group. -A time you lead others.

-A time you demonstrated courage. -A time you made a difficult decision. -A time you were innovative. -A time you formulated and pharmacy admission essay, executed a strategy or tactics. -A time you turned around a situation, overcame an obstacle. -A time reformed something. -A time you changed something. -A time you effectively negotiated with someone.

-A time created something. -A time you managed or organized something. -A time you mentored or coached someone. While “Engaged Community Citizenship” might take the form of leadership, it is quite distinct: So much of my coursework columbia, our MBA experience – including the case method, section life, and student-organized events – requires the active collaboration of the pharmacy essay, entire HBS community. That’s why we look for students who exhibit the anthology, highest ethical standards and admission, respect for online system others, and can make positive contributions to the MBA Program. The right candidates must be eager to share their experiences, support their colleagues, and teach as well as learn from essay their peers. HBS and other MBA programs are looking for students who will make a contribution. This really makes sense because of the my coursework columbia, collaborative nature of MBA education.

While professors play an important role in the classroom, students learn from each other on a continuous basis both inside and outside of class. An MBA education is very much one based on pharmacy essay, relationship building. One of the chief functions of an MBA admissions committee is to select people who will be good classmates. Columbia! The director and admission essay, the rest of the on nursing, committee have done their job properly if they have selected students who can work well together, learn from each other, and if these students become alumni who value the relationships they initially formed at business school. Given that two of the major takeaways from an HBS education are the relationships that a student forms during the program and access to the alumni network, HBS is looking for candidates who will fully engage with others. Engagement in a community may take many different forms. Over the years, I have found the following types of pharmacy admission, activities to be very effective for my coursework MBA applications: -Volunteer or social activities at work, whether it is admission, actually organizing them or participating in my coursework, them.

-Volunteer or social activities at school, whether it is actually organizing them or participating in pharmacy, them. -Volunteer or social activities outside of work or school, whether it is actually organizing them or participating in them. -A volunteer activity related to my coursework, your post-MBA goals. -A volunteer activity that allowed for the development of leadership and/or teamwork experience. -A volunteer activity that put you in contact with people who are quite different from you in pharmacy, terms of assignment, nationality, income level, and/or educational background. -An international volunteer or social activity.

-Active involvement in an alumni organization. -Active participation in a sports team. -Active political involvement (Not just voting or knowledge of politics, but actual activities) -Participation in an orchestra, band or other musical group. -Participation in admission essay, drama or dance. -Organizing trips or other activities for a group of friends. -Serving as the leader, organizer, or active member of a team-based educational activity such as a seminar, project, or overseas trip. The above are just some possibilities. Some people will no doubt worry that they lack extracurricular activities to demonstrate such community citizenship, but in my experience there is always some way to demonstrate this. - An Interpretation Critical Essays! Part of my job is to help my clients identify such activities and pharmacy admission essay, communicate about them effectively.

If you have demonstrated extensive community citizenship in your resume, you may very well not need to write about in the HBS essay, but you might still find that explaining your motivation for such activities is my coursework columbia, something you want to convey to HBS. For those with limited objective resume content in this area, if there is an effective way to get some positive aspect of your community citizenship into the essay, do so. HBS is a highly competitive and challenging academic environment. It is not for pharmacy admission essay anyone. “Analytical Aptitude And Appetite,” what can more generally be thought of as academic potential, will be very easy for research some candidates to pharmacy, demonstrate without ever writing an essay on the topic. You must demonstrate your analytical intelligence somewhere in your application. Yes, a solid GPA and GMAT are enough for poetry assignment that purpose, but if you think your academic record and pharmacy admission essay, GMAT are weak, I do suggest demonstrating your high analytical aptitude and appetite in your essay.

Also, whether you address your analytical abilities in your essay, for most applicants, it would also be very useful to have one or more recommenders discussing this. Some effective ways to demonstrate analytical intelligence include the following: -Solving a complex problem at work, school, or elsewhere. -Discussing the successful completion of complex analytical tasks. -Breaking down a complex problem that you solved and communicating it a very brief and clear way. – Demonstrating great personal insight into ones weaknesses, failures, and/or mistakes. -Showing the ability to learn from thesis weaknesses, failures, and/or mistakes. -Showing the ability to learn and master something highly complex. -Demonstrating a high level of creativity. Those with truly outstanding academic background and test scores need to likely focus less attention on this area. If you think you have weaknesses in this area, consider how to pharmacy admission, use the essay to papers, mitigate them.

The above list provides some effective ways to pharmacy essay, do that. This overall intention to othello - an interpretation, create a highly diverse class significantly impacts HBS admissions’ decisions. The critical thing is that you demonstrate why you are unique and how you will add to the diversity of the class. In your essay you need to show what makes you stand out. Especially if you think your academic, personal, professional, and/or extracurricular experiences are not inherently unique, it is very important that your essay demonstrates what makes you stand out. Some ways of demonstrating diversity that my clients have used successfully include the following: -Being the first person or kind of person to do something. -Being the youngest person to do do something.

-Making an original contribution to something. -Having an unusual family, academic, personal, or professional background. -Unusual skills or talents. -Extensive international experience. -Receiving prestigious awards or scholarships. Keep in mind that diversity is a matter of interpretation and presentation and it is each applicant’s responsibility to best demonstrate how they will add value to their classmates. One of my jobs as a consultant is always help my clients identify ways that make them distinct even if they think they are not special. Admission! I operate on interpretation critical essays, the assumption that everyone is unique.

So far I have discussed topic selection. I think it is useful to think about the actual structure for an effective essay. When it comes to telling stories, which is what the pharmacy admission, two essays for community thesis HBS require you to do, I think it is pharmacy admission, most important to think about your audience. You are not writing these essays for yourself, you are writing them to convince your audience. How to community, convince them?

The following grid connects the admission essay, parts of an essay (the first column) to three core aspects of writing an effective essay. The table should help you see the relationship between the components of a story and what I would consider to community thesis, be three major questions to ask about any story. What actions did you take?Action Step 1: The grid above is pharmacy essay, based on the following assumptions, which I consider to be basic for writing effective essays: Your reader must understand you. HBS emphasizes this in the essay instructions: Just answer the poetry, question in pharmacy, clear language that those of us who don’t know your world can understand. Provide a clear interpretation of what you have done. Write in online reservation system thesis, simple language, even about complex things. Assume your reader has a basic business background, but don’t assume any expertise. Cause-effect relationships should not be merely implied where possible.

Showing your actual action steps is critical. Admission Essay! A full explanation might be impossible because of word count, but if you tell things in sequence, it usually provides that explanation. You reader must believe you. If your reader is not convinced by your story, you are dead. My Coursework! I am all in favor of telling the best version of a story that you can, provided it is also believable.

Bad self-marketing is frequently based on lies that can be seen through. I have met many admissions officers and pharmacy admission, while not all of them were brilliant, all the good ones had finely tuned “bullshit detectors.” If your essays have a seemingly tenuous relationship with reality, you are likely to be setting yourself up for a ding. Your reader must be engaged. If a reader does not become interested in what they reading, there is a problem. Othello Interpretation Critical! The problem may be that the essay is simply generic or it might be the pharmacy essay, way a story is being told is boring or it maybe a lack of passion in ice storm, the writing. Pharmacy Essay! Whatever the case, it needs fixing.

One of my roles as a consultant is to coach my clients on writing essays that will be engaging. You must sell your reader on your high potential for admission. Great essays don’t just need to thesis, be believable and pharmacy admission essay, interesting, they have to be convincing. You are trying to othello - an critical, get admissions to take a specific action after they read your file: admit you or invite you for an interview. Admission! Thus, essays must convince them to take action, they have to see why you should be admitted. I help my understand how to community thesis, do this and give very specific advice on pharmacy admission, how to do so. Your reader should be interpreting your essay the way you intend. In writing there is always room for misinterpretation. If you have not effectively interpreted yourself, there is always the possibility that your reader will draw opposite conclusions from what you intended. I help my clients make sure that they understand and correct for research all such negative interpretations. My final point is that HBS is pharmacy admission essay, looking for people who want to be leaders, not mere managers.

They are looking for people who will use their “one precious and wild life” to othello essays, achieve great things, not those who will be satisfied at being mediocrities. If you can’t show the potential for that now, when will you?

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
PERSONAL ESSAY - PharmCAS

Top 10 Details to admission Include on my coursework, a Nursing Resume. As healthcare recruiters, we reviewed thousands of nursing resumes. Essay! Unfortunately, the vast majority of them were missing multiple details that were important to my coursework the Nurse Managers and Nurse Supervisors who were largely responsible for making the admission essay, hiring decisions. Moreover, missing these critical details can ultimately lead to a lower ranking within the Applicant Tracking Systems so prevalent in today’s hiring process. We hope the information provided here will help you create an amazing resume! First, it’s important to have an online system thesis, idea of how the hiring process typically works in order to essay thoroughly understand the importance of these critical details.

When a job opens up to the general public, the thesis, healthcare employer can sometimes receive hundreds of resumes. In some cases, the resumes are electronically ranked by Applicant Tracking Systems that award higher rankings for resumes that include the admission essay, critical skills and my coursework columbia experiences sought for the job. In any case, staffing office representatives, mostly recruiters, will review the essay, rankings and resumes and pass along the “best” candidates to the hiring managers. It’s important to note that being the - an interpretation critical, “best” often means having a resume with all the critical details. Pharmacy Admission Essay! If the information isn’t there, then the my coursework, resume stands a far greater chance of being removed from the pharmacy essay, process.

It’s important to note that missing these details is research, not the nurse’s fault. Unfortunately, the vast majority of pharmacy informational resources pertaining to resumes is very general in nature. General resources are useful only for people with very general careers like “Sales”. These resources are mostly useless for nurses. Meanwhile, many resources specifically related to technical nurse resumes offer insufficient detail.

Moreover, healthcare employers do a terrible job at conveying what they’re looking for in their job descriptions, so candidates have no clue what to include in their resumes. Skimming the list below may leave the impression that everything on it is essay, obvious. However, reading the details provided for each item will most likely uncover items which are missing from your nursing resume . What to Include on Your Nursing Resume. There are literally thousands of potential professional affiliations for nurses. In most cases, employers want to online system know if you belong to any. For example, if you belong to pharmacy admission essay the American Association of Critical Care Nurses or the Emergency Nurses Association, then most employers would like to interpretation know this. Include the following information: Affiliation name Your date of admission Offices held Brief description of pharmacy admission essay your role or reason you chose this group over others. 9. Honors/Awards/Special Assignments:

As with every other resume, a nurse’s resume should include any honors and awards they’ve received. Examples include honors and awards from school, work, volunteer work, professional affiliations, and even social clubs. Nurses should also include any special assignments they were given at my coursework work. Admission! Did you ever take charge duty? Did you do any scheduling or mentoring? You may choose to place these items under their own heading. Ice Storm Research! However, this isn’t necessary. You can also add them where applicable throughout the rest of your resume. 8. Admission! Specific Nursing Education Details:

Including the degree you earned (ADN, ASN, BSN, MSN, etc.) is a must. Not including it increases the community thesis, chances that your resume will be removed from consideration. This is because the information is often required for the resume to move through the process and it isn’t easily attainable by the staffing office. So, they’ll often pass on a resume that doesn’t include the information in favor one that does. Provide at least the following information about your education: Name of pharmacy school Degree earned Beginning date Completion date City, and technical on nursing State. You might also consider adding a description that includes achievements, awards, scholarly organizations and activities, or your GPA if it was really high. Of course, scholastic achievements are more important the pharmacy, earlier you are in your career, so keep that in mind when crafting the research, education section of your resume. Finally, you may also wish to include details on any continuing education units you’ve taken within the pharmacy, last 2 years. Bonus: Are you bilingual?

If so, be sure to poetry include it on your resume! According to a recent study from Wanted Analytics, “bilingual” was the second most commonly required skill listed on nursing job advertisements. 7. Nursing License and Certification Details: It is highly recommended that you include the following for your licenses: License type (LPN, RN, NP, CRNA, etc.) Licensing State/Body Name on license if different from name on pharmacy admission, resume License expiration date License number If the my coursework, license is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact, then state it clearly. Many people argue that a nursing license number should not be included on a resume as a matter of pharmacy essay privacy. Ice Storm Research Papers! However, nursing license numbers are a matter of public record. Pharmacy Essay! They can be easily obtained from reservation thesis each state’s Board of Nursing using the standard information included on your resume.

Providing the pharmacy essay, license number simply makes the recruiter’s job easier. And in a competitive job market, that could make all the difference in the world. When it comes to essay on nursing certifications, it is highly recommended that you include the following for every certification you hold: Certification name (BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, etc.) Certifying body (AHA, etc) Expiration date, or date acquired if it has no official expiration date. Unlike most professions, nursing is conducted round-the-clock. Therefore, it’s best to convey the shifts you’re willing to work on your nursing resume. Are you open to admission working 8, 10, and/or 12 hour shifts? Are you open to working Days, Mids, PMs, and/or Nocs? You should include this information even if you’re applying for a specific job with a specific shift. Community! You never know if the employer has another opening that is unadvertised which you maybe qualified for. Moreover, resumes aren’t always submitted to specific job advertisements.

In fact, many sources indicate that 80% of all jobs are filled through networking. Including your availability is very helpful for general job inquiries. In addition, you should indicate your willingness to relocate when applicable. These statements regarding availability can be given their own heading, but it’s best to simply add them to your Professional Summary. The healthcare industry is going electronic. Paper charting will soon be a way of the past. It’s imperative to list any and all Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience you have. According to a recent study by Wanted Analytics, “Electronic Medical Record” was the most commonly required skill for nurses listed in nursing job advertisements. “Epic Software” and “Meditech”, popular EMR software packages, were also on essay, the list. Of course, billing codes are a big part of EMRs. And both ICD10 and essays ICD 9 are among the pharmacy, most commonly listed skills in poetry anthology job advertisements.

So if your scope of practice deals with this in any way, then be sure to add these to your resume. You may also want to pharmacy include any other computer experience you have just in case it may be of value to the employer, or to at least demonstrate that you have computer skills if you lack experience with EHRs and EMRs. Signifying the research, type of facility you worked in admission tells the potential employer a ton about your experience with very few words. Othello Essays! You should know the essay, exact designation of all the facilities you worked with and if you don’t, now is the essay, time to find out. Short term acute care? Long Term Care? Long Term Acute Care? Senior Nursing Facility?

In addition, if you worked at a Trauma Hospital, then you should include this on your resume along with the trauma designation (1, 2, 3, etc). If you worked at a teaching hospital, then you should include this information. Such information can be included under the admission, specific job description in your resume’s Work History section, or in your resume’s Summary. For example, if the my coursework, job listing you’re applying for lists trauma hospital experience as necessary or desired, then it’s a good idea to admission essay identify your trauma experience in community thesis the resume Summary to make it stand out. Include the number of total beds at the facilities you worked at, as well as the number of beds in admission the specific units on online reservation system thesis, which you worked.

Just like the facility type, providing the number of pharmacy beds tells the potential employer a ton about poetry anthology assignment, your experience with very few words. We regularly saw resumes that listed things like “3 West” as the unit. Unfortunately, only people who work at that facility know what that means. Instead, include the type of unit (MS, TELE, ICU, CVICU, ER, LD, etc) in order to convey the message. Essay! We can’t stress enough how important this is. Also include your caseload. What was the nurse to patient ratio in this unit, and how much support was there in the form of LPNs, CNAs, or MAs?

Include any other unit specific details as well. Did the unit take trauma patients? Did the unit routinely deal with overflow from other units? If so, what types of community thesis patients were seen from pharmacy essay overflow? 1. Poetry! Specific Details/Duties and Accomplishments Regarding Your Nursing Experience: Up to this point, the focus has been on incidental, although very important, details. But what about the admission essay, meat of your resume, the community thesis, job descriptions and admission experiences that make up the othello - an interpretation, bulk of your resume? When it comes to this, nurses are in the precarious position of balancing duties with accomplishments.

You see, the admission, current standard recommendation for resumes is to make them accomplishment driven. The idea is that you should provide specific accomplishments, as opposed to reservation thesis duties, that illustrate how your work translated into quantifiable and tangible results for your current and previous employers. Advocates of this approach advise against pharmacy admission, listing duties on your resume. However, healthcare employers need to know that you have experience with the highly technical duties that are integral to online reservation thesis the job you’re applying for. At the pharmacy admission, same time, they too want to know about your accomplishments. Reservation System! Therefore, it’s important to include details about the specific day-to-day duties you performed. However, at the same time, you don’t want to fall into the trap of creating a “duties-driven resume”. Managing this challenge represents a key difference between nursing resumes and admission essay general resumes.

Before we continue, it’s best to address the 800 pound gorilla in this conversation. Nurses sometimes have hundreds of duties and responsibilities. How do you choose which ones to - an list because you certainly can’t list them all? We hate to say it, but including things like, “Provided patient care” is a complete waste of space. Essay! It’s simply too general. Our experience indicates that many nurses believe that nursing is very similar no matter where you go which may be the reason that such general statements are so often included in nursing resumes. In reality, the my coursework, differences are stark between various facilities.

For example, the admission essay, Step-Down Unit at one hospital may not work with Swan-Ganz Catheters while the SDU in another hospital may. With that in reservation mind, here are some general themes to consider when determining the types of duties to include on your resume. This list is pharmacy, not comprehensive, but it should help you understand the level of specificity that we’re talking about: Did you start IVs? Did you administer medications? Which medications? What type of patients did you care for? Renal? Cardiovascular?

Neuro? Ortho? Rehab? What was the age range of the patient population you cared for? What specific equipment do you have experience with? Did you read strips? Work with vents? Trachs? Balloon pumps?

Swan-Ganz? da Vinci Surgical System? Which industry-wide protocols, processes and procedures are you experienced with? For example, AIDET is among the most commonly listed requirements in nursing job advertisements. There are many similar protocols, processes and procedures throughout the industry, so be sure to make note of those that were used by your previous employers. Now, we’re still in the tough spot of determining exactly which skills and duties to include on poetry anthology assignment, the resume.

First, start by including any duties specifically mentioned in the job description that you have experience with. Next, do some research on the employer in question to find specific details that may help you decide which duties might be important to pharmacy admission list. Use the company website, news, and any professional connections you have in an effort to determine the columbia, types of patients, processes and admission procedures common to anthology the specific employer in pharmacy admission essay question. Once you have the duties narrowed down, there are a couple of ways to convey them on your nursing resume. First, you can incorporate the duties into your “accomplishment statements”. We discuss this approach below. Second, you can simply list out the duties.

While this is less preferred, it is my coursework columbia, sometimes not possible to accomplish any other way. Your summary is a good place for this. For example, you might include the following in your resume summary if you’re applying for a position in admission the CVICU: Proficient with starting IVs, Intra-aortic balloon pumps, 12-Lead Placements, 12-Lead Interpretation, AICD Insertion, Beta Blockers, Argotroban, Atropine and other cardiovascular medications. Bonus: Given the large number of skills and duties nurses are responsible for, you may consider utilizing a “Skills Checklist” during your job search. Skills Checklists are self assessment tools commonly used throughout the healthcare industry. BluePipes provides members with free access to over 100 comprehensive skills checklists that can be completed, saved and downloaded as PDF documents. You can view a sample here. They’re a great way to convey your skills to my coursework columbia potential employers.

You might consider uploading them along with your resume when applying for jobs or you can bring them to your job interviews. Considerations for Accomplishments. Now that we’ve covered duties, let’s take a look at pharmacy admission essay accomplishments. First, you can try to frame duties inside “accomplishment statements” in poetry anthology assignment order to knock them both out at the same time. In other words, offer an admission essay, explanation about how you achieved results while performing your duties. Technical Essay! Again, this isn’t always possible, but here are some considerations: Did you receive recognition or awards from your previous/current employer?

Did your previous/current employer receive recognition or rewards? How did performing your duties contribute to that? When framing accomplishments, it’s also useful to know how your previous and current employers quantified their success as an admission, organization. For example, patient satisfaction is typically tracked with programs like HCAHPS or Press Ganey. Online Reservation System Thesis! Did your employer experience improvements with such indicators? How did performing your duties influence that? Next, it’s important to essay understand how your current and former employers measured your individual performance as this is very helpful when framing accomplishments. Nearly every healthcare employer conducts employee evaluations.

Evaluations typically offer both qualitative and quantitative information that can be leveraged when framing accomplishment statements. Again, you may choose to list specific duties you’re proficient with separate from your accomplishments. Or, you may choose to frame the duties within your accomplishment statements. Or you may choose a combination of the two approaches. In any case, it’s important to provide both job-specific duties and accomplishments on assignment, your nursing resume.

Bonus: Healthcare is admission essay, very diverse. Many hiring managers would also like to know what other skill sets you have outside of your primary area of expertise. Did you float to the ER or LD units when needed? If so, then you may want to provide some reference to the skills and accomplishments you achieved in these areas. General perspective on nursing resumes. This may seem like a ton of information to incorporate into a standard resume. However, nursing is not a standard profession and concerns over resume length are becoming antiquated with the advent of Applicant Tracking Systems.

Moreover, the reservation system, push to force nursing and healthcare resumes to conform to pharmacy admission essay the standard format that serves general professionals, like salespeople, is - an critical essays, a disservice to both healthcare professionals and employers. Admission Essay! Healthcare professionals often miss opportunities to highlight skills and experience that are highly sought after. As a result, healthcare employers often miss out on perfect candidates. This push toward generalized conformity is even prevalent on the most popular job boards, like Monster and CareerBuilder, and professional networking services like LinkedIn. Nurses and other healthcare professionals are better served by industry specific professional networking services like BluePipes.

For example, BluePipes provides nurses with a profile builder capable of technical on nursing recording healthcare specific career details as well as the ability to print the admission essay, profile to poetry assignment PDF as a resume formatted specifically for healthcare professionals. So it’s like a cloud based resume service. It also offers several other tools that help nurses manage their careers more effectively and efficiently. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Admission Essay! Please let us know what you think by posting a comment! 16 Tips To Prepare Your Nursing Resume For Applicant Tracking Systems We’ve spoken to countless nurses and other healthcare professionals who. How to Write the Best Nursing Cover Letter A well crafted nursing cover letter can be just as. Nursing Resume Objective or Summary? Nurses often wonder if they should include an objective or. I am wondering how to thesis list my experience as a maternal-child float RN of 2+ years. I worked 4 different units, all quite different, ranging from mom baby, to peds, peds ed/uc, and nicu.

How do i go about addressing those different areas and essay responsibilities and skills, when they all fell under 1 position? Thank you for the information, its very helpful. This site is of so much help to me. thank you, and it is also free. Research Papers! Its amazing, I just can’t appreciate it enough. I was wondering, i am a one year experience nurse at a step down ICU (PCU), I am now looking for a job in an ICU. The locations and pharmacy admission essay facility i am looking at have nothing for ice storm papers experience nurses, but have a lot of positions for new nurses that want to work in ICU. I just want to apply to the new nurse position and i really don’t mind the pay. Pharmacy Admission Essay! Now my question is, should i just use my new grad resume with my clinical experience or i should update my resume with my one year experience and apply although the position is for new grads. please i will really appreciate any advise. thanks you. How can I include my Medical-Surgical Certification from ANCC on my resume. Can I include it on my credentials area on community thesis, top of admission essay my resume – following my name and degree? I ask because the ANCC instructs to do so on their website.

I’ll be honest it’s somewhat confusing though, at least to me. I plan to include my Medsurg certification in certification section of community my resume where BLS and pharmacy admission RN licensure are, etc. I just wanted it to stand out and my coursework pop so to speak – as to not have to read on to notice it. On ANCC site, on a “How to Display Your Credentials” page they instruct you to include RN- BC (Registered Nurse-Board Certified). Was hoping you could clarify or add something else. Great web site … thanks. Thanks for the inquiry, Jesse, and my sincerest apologies for the delay!

Your Medical-Surgical Certification from ANCC is considered a “National Certification” and should be listed after your name at the top of pharmacy admission your resume and in the Licenses and Certifications section of reservation your resume. The order for pharmacy listing credential after your name is: Highest Degree Earned State License National Certification Nationally Recognized Honors and Awards. I hope this helps! I have been working out of the acute care setting in public health nursing for 7 years. I have heard over and over papers, that because I have been out pharmacy, of the acute care setting for so long that I don’t qualify for a lot of the positions that I have applied for.

Admittedly, I have not used many nursing skills for the last 7 years, except for - an essays giving immunizations and occasionally drawing blood. I have gotten very weary and feel like I will not be able to find another job, and admission essay I am really not happy with my current job. I am unsure of how to make my resume “pop” and have prospective employers want to give me a chance. I am not looking to ice storm research get back into areas that are highly skilled, but I would not mind getting back into acute care. Admission! Any ideas.

Kurt, I am an RN at a VA hospital in technical on nursing cardiac telemetry. One of the biggest hurdles to applying at any VA facility is the fact that USA Jobs is a digital screening tool as much as it is an online application portal. Matching as many keywords in the functional statements for your desired role in your application can be the difference between getting an pharmacy admission, interview and othello essays being passed over. Hope this helps! In your article you talked about whether or not your previous/current employer received recognition or rewards. I’m working on applying for a position that is open for an orthopedic nurse after quitting my previous orthopedic nurse job.

The hospital that I previously worked received recognition for their total joint replacement program. I was wondering if this would be something that is good to include as part of pharmacy admission essay my resume, considering I was a part of the unit during that time for the hospital’s certification/recognition. If so, how would you go about including that in without making it seem just a random fact listed and make it more as an accomplishment for myself also since I was a part of thesis that unit/team during that time. Thanks for the inquiry, Jessica. Yes, this is definitely something you can include on your resume. If you feel that you’re not able to expand in a way that adequately describes your role in the achievement, then you may want to expand in pharmacy admission your cover letter. On your resume, you might want to couple this team achievement with one of your own that demonstrates you were a key contributor. For example, you might have received an individual award or a high employee evaluation score. - An Interpretation Essays! You may also want to include this in your summary as opposed to the job description to make it stand out pharmacy essay, a little more. I hope this helps!

I am an experienced OR nurse who has performed in just about every surgery setting from Open heart to Ophthalmology, outpatient as well as pre-op admitting and recovery In the past I have managed a surgery department at a busy hospital and also ran a surgery center. I have been fortunate to have been able to on nursing take off time to stay home and pharmacy admission essay be with my children. That being said, I am worried about the years off and ice storm papers blank space on my resume. How would you go about filling in the gap? I have volunteered in multiple areas at admission essay their schools, from organizing an Emergency Preparedness fair, fundraisers and my coursework teaching Compression Only CPR. My license and pharmacy continuing CEU’s have always rained current. Do you think this will make it difficult for me as I try entering the job setting? I appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks for the inquiry. Poetry Anthology Assignment! There is no steadfast rule on how to handle this situation, but there are two fundamental approaches to consider.

First, you can consider a “Functional Resume.” Functional resumes are resumes that focus on pharmacy essay, skills instead of experiences. Online Reservation! In your case, you would focus on pharmacy, all of your OR experience. You might have a small section to list your previous employers. or you may even choose to leave it out entirely. There are many examples of Functional Resumes available on the internet. Second, you could use a traditional chronological resume. In this case, you would list your experience raising the kids as one of the interpretation essays, entries in your chronological work history. You could include details on the experiences mentioned in your comment on admission essay, this blog post. Again, there is no right or wrong way. Interpretation! Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

To answer your question, yes, this situation is always a bit of challenge. However, experienced nurses are in high demand at the moment, so you should be fine. Also, I’m personally inclined to recommend the chronological format. The main advantage of Functional Resumes in this particular case is to draw attention to your skills and away from the gap in recent experience. However, employers are going to find the gap no matter what. So, I think it’s best to embrace it. Admission! With the anthology assignment, chronological resume, you can still include all the essay, applicable skills. I hope this helps!

I have worked in online system thesis home health and corrections for admission about 5 years now. I have done a lot of basic nursing ranging from ice storm research papers blood draws, interpreting labs, starting IVs, wound care, peritoneal dialysis, picc line care (including using clot busters) and pharmacy essay removal. IV anti biotics, med passes small and large including mental health medication passes. I have responded to chest pain calls, shortness of breath, hangings, falls, knife wounds, self inflicted wounds, and unresponsive patients. I have worked in a corrections hospital with acute and on nursing long term patients as well as hospice patients, but it isn’t seen as ER work even though it seems from talking to other nurses that that isn’t so far different than those working in a hospital ER..

Trying to format my resume to make my experience fit into what the Veterans Administration would want/be attracted to.. I am a soon to be retiring Military Nurse and will be transitioning to the civilian workforce. How important are listing awards? I have numerous military awards based on my work ethics and performance on the job, but I am afraid that the general public is admission essay, not going to have any idea what they are or mean. Also, any good tips on turning military missions into civilian language?

Thanks for your service!! I think it’s a great idea to add the awards to your resume. Othello Interpretation! You could do one of two things. Simply list them out by their official name. Pharmacy Admission! There’s a good chance that the essay on nursing, reviewer will search for the award on the internet and find it. Or, you could add a very brief description of the award in parentheses.

For example: X Award (earned for pharmacy valor in action). Either way, if you have a lot of awards, then you may want to include only the highest ranking awards. If you choose to list many of them, then put them in thesis columns or in a continuous stream separated by commas to save space. Conveying your military experience in civilian language can be challenging if you did not work in a military hospital. My apologies, but I lack the technical expertise to provide detailed recommendations. Essay! That said, I’d recommend reviewing the my coursework columbia, job descriptions for the jobs you’re applying for use them to guide your efforts whenever possible. Pharmacy Admission Essay! I hope this helps and thanks again! I have a position working in a “float pool” (we call it the research, Mobile Unit).

The unit is admission essay, split into two different tracks, med/surg (HV general acuity patients; ortho/urology/gen/gyn surgery; neuro/ENT; Onc [recent unit merge means I don’t float here anymore]; gen med; adult psych; child/adolescent psych; Postpartum (moms and babies); inpatient rehab) and critical care track (Onc/Med/Surg IMCU; ICU; HV high acuity patients; ER; Neonatal ICU). How do I discuss bed numbers for each unit and descriptions that highlight any specific training I have had to play into each patient population? It seems like there’s no way for me to cover all of this detail without leaving a lot out or getting too wordy. I also accepted a critical care position, but have not transitioned yet. Community Thesis! My husband just got a job out of state, so we have to relocate, as much as I love my current employer. This is admission, a great question; thanks for posting it here! You’re right, you’re probably not going to be able to convey the reservation system thesis, broad spectrum of your experience without getting too wordy for your nursing resume.

So, you’ll need to offer some general details as well as some specific details. When it comes to admission essay specifics, it’s best to tailor your resume to the specific job you’re applying for. Find out assignment, what they’re looking for and be sure to convey that you have the skill set, or convey relevant details about your experience. I believe this is the most important consideration for your resume. When it comes to generalizations, you could offer a description similar to the one you’ve provided here. For example: I worked on a Mobile Unit, or Float Pool, caring for Med/Surg patients 50% of the time and ICU patients 50% of the time. The Med/Surg patients included Postpartum, PSYCH, general Med/Surg, and Neuro/ENT. The ICU patients included ER, NICU and general ICU.

Unit sizes varied from 5 beds up to 25 beds. You might also try utilizing skills checklists to convey your experience, especially if you make it to the interview stage. Admission! Also, many applicant tracking systems allow applicants to upload documents, so you might be able to upload skills checklists there. You can complete and save skills checklists on BluePipes and utilize them at your convenience. I hope this information helps! My husband was an ICU nurse for columbia 5 years (18 months of that he was an ICU travel nurse) but took 2.5 years off to work in another field. He’s now applying for nursing positions as we prepare to move. Should he address the clinical gap in his resume?

With just his last RN job listed, it looks like he last worked in 2013 though he’s been employed as a youth minister since then. Pharmacy Admission Essay! How should he handle this? Yes, you should address the gap in the resume. Reservation System Thesis! It’s fairly common for hospitals to require the last 7 years of work history to be included on their job applications. Pharmacy Admission Essay! A large percentage of the hospitals I worked with had similar requirements for resumes. Unfortunately, the default assumptions when it comes to employment gaps are all negative.

Do your best to tie the experience into ice storm papers nursing. I believe most career advisers would recommend the pharmacy essay, same. I hope this information helps! I am applying for columbia RN jobs, but am still waiting to pharmacy admission essay take my boards (will take them within the next 1-2 months). Othello - An Interpretation Critical Essays! How should I address this on my resume? You may want to admission essay add an my coursework columbia, excerpt under Licenses and Certifications or your Summary (or wherever appropriate) that provides the date you’re scheduled to take the exam. For example: RN: Scheduled for NCLEX on July 9, 2015. Admission Essay! I hope this helps!

Thank you! I think that’s what i’ll do. For a new graduate of a second-degree BSN program, would you recommend including GPA (3.9) on a resume? Thanks for the question, Emily! Yes, I recommend adding a great GPA to your nursing resume. We discuss this in thesis our blog post on new grad resumes and in our blog blog post on admission, job search tips nurses should avoid. Many people argue that your GPA doesn’t matter. They say that all that matters is that you’re licensed.

If that were the case, then no details about you as a person, your work ethic, or achievements would matter either. And we know that’s not true. It is HIGHLY unlikely that your resume is passed over because you included your high GPA. Meanwhile, many hospitals and critical essays hiring managers love to see it, and assign value to it. So yes, by all means, add it. I hope this helps! Great work, by the way! I am wondering if I should include phone numbers for my previous employers? If yes, which number should I use – the general number, the unit, or HR? Also, some of my employment history goes back many years and the identifying information(number of essay beds, etc.) has changed. I do not have the research, correct information from admission essay when I worked there.

How should I list this information? Is there a good way to poetry anthology assignment find current identifying information for a hospital? Thanks in advance for admission essay your response. Thanks for posting these great questions! First, there are no set rules for essay nursing resumes, so you’ll find some disagreement on pharmacy admission, almost every resume recommendation. Ice Storm Papers! That said, the general rule is that you should not include the contact telephone numbers for your previous employers on your resume. In fact, you don’t need to include the complete address either. The city and state will suffice for your resume.

On a side not, chances are that you’ll be applying for most jobs on pharmacy admission, the company’s website through an applicant tracking system. These online applications may allow you to enter the telephone numbers and addresses for my coursework your former employers. Pharmacy Admission! In this case, I always recommend adding every last bit of technical essay information you can to your online applications. Pharmacy Admission! Again though, that’s separate from your resume. On a another side note: If you are applying for travel nursing jobs, then you should include the telephone numbers and the supervisor names for community thesis your previous jobs. In order to find current information for pharmacy admission essay your former employers, you can use a website like The American Hospital Directory.

They have a free hospital profile lookup tool. I recommend using the “advanced search” for best results. Please note that the links to - an interpretation critical essays these pages are underlined in blue. Here you will find the current contact information, number of beds, teaching hospital status, trauma status, etc. If you are unable to admission essay locate the information here or if your former employers are not hospitals, then you can simply try a google search for them or try the Medicare.gov site. If your former employer does business with Medicare, then they should be in the database with current information…assuming they want to assignment get paid :-). Now, about admission essay, your older work history. Many resume experts recommend including only the last 10 years of work history on your resume.

However, that assumes that your prior experience may no longer be applicable to your current job search. Othello - An Critical Essays! Others argue that you shouldn’t include more than 10 years of work history because you don’t want to pharmacy essay date yourself. They’re concerned about “ageism” in ice storm the hiring process. These same people recommend not to essay include the technical essay on nursing, dates you attended college. Admission Essay! Ultimately, it’s up to you to othello - an interpretation include this information, I just wanted to pharmacy provide some considerations. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there are further questions!

Help! I have over research papers, 22 years of pharmacy admission clinical experience including ICU, hemodialysis, and outpatient surgery ctr (pre and interpretation pacu), and for the last 6 years (in addition to the 22 years) I’ve been reading electronic charts to extract data and support level of care (I’m told this is utilization review by a friend but we never called it that in work). Now Ive been laid off (it was a large comp layoff). Admission Essay! I’m trying to get into othello - an interpretation critical essays QA, UR, pre cert or case managment. I was told I have a solid resume but I’ve gotten 3 calls in 3 months, I blew the first interview and pharmacy the next 2, they said they wanted CM experience. What do I need to do to get into columbia these fields? Any suggestions? We’re sorry to pharmacy hear about your current situation!

It’s always difficult to break into an entirely new field. Poetry Anthology! However, it sounds as though you have some experience to build on. Typically, Case Management and Utilization Review require InterQual experience. If you have experience with that system, then be sure to include it on your resume. Otherwise, see if you can obtain some training in it. Check with local and state agencies to see if there are any offerings for people in your situation. Also, review the essay, specific details of each job opening and tailor your resume to include the key requirements where applicable.

Check to see if there is a local association that you can network with like the Case Management Society of on nursing America for example. Ask anyone you speak with if a Case Management Certification would improve your chances, perhaps even call the people you’ve interviewed with previously to see what they say. If so, look into certification. We hope this information helps! I have been reading through some of this thread and was wondering if you do any resume/cover letter revisions? I can tell you put a lot of useful/productive feedback into your responses and would value your opinion if you were to review a copy of mine! P.S. When you mention Computer Experience in admission essay the article above, do you suggest adding these details under each individual job (under work experience/history) the comp. experience applies to thesis or under a separate section such as the one you have listed as Comp.

Experience? Thank you for all your time and effort! Thanks for reaching out! My sincerest apologies, but I do not do resume/cover letter revisions. Thanks so much for your interest though. As for the computer experience, you can add it with any of the methods you described. The important thing is that it’s there.

The resume builder on BluePipes.com lists computer experience under a separate heading. We do this as way to ensure that members recognize and record it and perspective employers and recruiters are able to easily locate the details on essay, the members’ profiles and my coursework columbia resumes. Given that EMR experience is essay, becoming such a prevalent requirement, it’s good to - an interpretation critical essays have it easily accessible on your resume. However, it’s also good to add these details under each individual job when creating your own resume. It may not be as easy to locate, but it takes up less space, avoids redundancy, and still presents the pharmacy essay, information. We hope this information helps! I am currently an RN with 4 years solid experience in a 16 bed transitional care unit. Online Reservation! Now I’m trying to move to a more challenging position. Prior to immigrating to America I was a medical doctor for 9 years in pharmacy ER. Would it be wise to ice storm mention that experience? …maybe describing my duties and medical college?

I work in a program that enrolls military medic and corpsman and gives credit for their military experience towards an intensive BSN-RN program. Pharmacy Admission! My question is what should the graduates highlight on their resumes? Many have extensive trauma and nursing care experience. Suggestions? Hi! I have a question / concern.

I just finished my 2nd year of nursing and on a med Surg unit. Thesis! I have been asked to pharmacy essay apply to online reservation system thesis an ICU position and I need to update my resume. I don’t know what to include. Prior to nursing, I was a surgical tech for admission 16+ years and active duty for 10 years. On Nursing! I really enjoyed your blog and essay will refer to it when updating my resume! We’re glad to research hear the information was useful. Congratulations on being asked to apply for an ICU position.

That’s a good sign! #128578; Sounds like you have a lot of great experience to include on your resume. We recommend focusing most attention on your recent experience in MedSurg as it is the most applicable to the ICU role you’ll be applying for. However, you can also include brief descriptions of your surgical tech and active duty experience as they are certainly desirable experiences. Relate all your work history descriptions to the ICU position. To do so, find out as much as possible about the job and admission essay the unit. We hope this helps!! Oh MY!

I’m sooOOO grateful to othello - an interpretation critical essays have found your blog page! I was about to essay do my sister a grave disservice –as you’ve mentioned. Indeed, the day of the online reservation system thesis, one page crammer is passe’. Especially with the pharmacy essay, value of the keyword in thesis electronic filing. Thanks so very much; you may have saved my Sis’s resume from becoming fodder for admission essay the shredder. Ice Storm Papers! [[shudder]] We’re glad to admission essay hear the information is useful. To be clear, 1 page resumes are still useful, particularly for job fairs or any other instance where the resume will be given directly to an individual. However, in most cases, people are attaching their resume in an Applicant Tracking System. In this case, it’s still good to reservation system be brief and admission choose your words wisely. Don’t be overly verbose and don’t “keyword stuff.” However, you also shouldn’t be worried about a 2-3 page resume if your background requires it.

Be sure to tailor the resume’s wording to the job posting where applicable based on your background. We hope this helps! Thank you for this article! I realized that my resume was not up to par by reading this. I had many generalized statements, which I have replaced with information on essay, what I really did on the day to day. Admission Essay! I recently worked at poetry anthology assignment a hospital for 4 months and resigned due to it not being a good fit. It was a cardiac surgery step down unit, so it gave me experience with tele that I have not had in pharmacy admission my 5 years as a nurse. Should I include it on my resume? You’re welcome! We’re glad to hear you found the anthology, information useful. This is a tough question.

I assume you’re asking because you’re concerned that the short employment duration might raise some questions in the minds of potential employers. Pharmacy! That’s a valid concern. On the flip side, you did gain some valuable experience that would be great to add to your nursing resume. There is another issue to consider. Hospitals often have strict policies requiring that healthcare professionals provide them with every last bit of the my coursework columbia, healthcare professional’s employment history. Omitting a previous job on your employment application could be grounds for dismissal depending on how they have their clauses worded. Of course, this depends on their ability to verify the omitted employment.

This may not necessarily affect you during the pharmacy admission, candidate review process when your resume is typically the document they’re working off of. However, if you land a job offer, then they’ll eventually require an application to completed. If you choose to add the omitted job at that point, then you’ll have some explaining to do. Utltimatly, the decision is yours. If you choose to poetry anthology add the employment to your resume, then you may want to offer a brief explanation of why you left in your cover letter. It’s all about the story you tell.

We hope this helps. This is all great information but I do have a question. I am a recent BSN grad and licensed RN trying to land my first job. Would you recommend including my preceptorship under clinical experience or as work experience? I have seen it both ways in examples online. Thanks, Kristin. We’re glad to hear this information on was useful. You’re correct, you’ll find preceptorship experience displayed both ways…under clinical and work experience. Pharmacy Admission! To further confuse the issue, some people believe that clinical experience and work experience are one and the same while others believe they are two different things entirely.

We view the preceptorship as something akin to a highly advanced internship. For all intents and purposes, it is work experience. Technical Essay! However, it doesn’t constitute a traditional employment relationship. Therefore, feel free to include it under either category on your resume, but be sure to clearly indicate that it’s your preceptorship. On a side note, we cannot stress enough the importance of pharmacy essay professional networking when landing your first job. 70%-80% of all jobs are obtained through networking. Technical Essay! While your resume is pharmacy admission essay, important, networking is the key…especially for new grads. We hope this information helps.

Best of luck!! Great info – I could have used that for my last job application! Do you have any tips / strategies to prepare for job interviews? I am finding these horribly stressful and hard to community get my point across even when I know I’d be really good at the job I’m applying for. Thanks, Heidi! We don’t have any blog posts regarding interviews yet. Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll explore the topic soon.

Thank you! This is very informative. Do you have any sample resume and application letter? We’re glad to hear the information is useful, Meth! Yes, you can view our sample nursing resume which you can create for free as a member of pharmacy BluePipes. You can view our recommendations on writing a nursing cover letter. We hope this helps! I LOVE this information! Thank you.

Here’s my question. I have had several careers, all with different education components, dating back to community thesis the mid 1980’s. How far back should I go? None relate to my current field (new nursing graduate). Pharmacy Essay! It’s been a long time since I’ve actually developed a resume and things have changed…Plus, this career doesn’t match those careers…. Is it appropriate to ask a nursing instructor to technical essay on nursing be a reference? Are references included now-a-days? Many, many thanks!

We’re glad to hear the information is helpful!! Congratulations on your recent graduation from nursing school! Yes, it’s a great idea to ask an instructor to admission be a reference. Unfortunately, your questions regarding what to include on your resume aren’t so cut and dry. I think it’s fair to say that the vast majority of career consultants would say you shouldn’t put references on a resume. However, if you could get a redeeming quote from a strong reference, like an instructor, to put in your resume summary, then it could be an eye catcher.

You’re right, things have changed! We recommend reviewing our article on interpretation, optimizing your resume for pharmacy applicant tracking systems. However, one thing is as true today as it ever has been…networking is the single best approach to my coursework columbia landing a job. We discuss the importance in our article with recommendations for New Grad RNs. It’s tough to pharmacy essay recommend that you leave off your past education.

I’d say it would be good to community add any College level education as well as healthcare related education. We hope this helps!! Best of luck! Excellent information! Nursing is a second career for me and trying to put together a winning nursing resume has been a challenge. You are right on the money….the resume I had for my corporate career doesn’t translate well into the healthcare field. I am currently looking for a new position and realized what I had on my resume wasn’t going to work. I was destined to be one of those that got lost in admission the system. The tips you provided have been so helpful. Ice Storm Papers! I feel confident that I am submitting a resume that will get me noticed.

Thank you again for providing such valuable information. Congratulations on your new career path! We’re so glad you found this information useful. We wish you the best of pharmacy admission essay luck in your job search. We hope you’ll consider joining BluePipes.com where you can create a resume, access skills checklists for free, and build your healthcare professional network. Please excuse my shameless sales pitch #128578;

Please let us know if we can help with any questions. I have read this post with great interest. Due to poetry anthology assignment a job opportunity for my husband, we moved from KS to essay PA in 2012. Even securing an interview has been daunting! I have gotten some feedback from ‘ recruiters’ in a large hospital in Pittsburgh, which was to online reservation be sure to apply to the job requirements, which interestingly were two pages long. How is that possible?

The other problem I suspect I have is the fact I have more than 20 years as a registered nurse. It seems the practice of the three major ‘players’ in this area, is to lay off their experienced nurses, in favor of admission hiring new grads and those with ‘ at my coursework columbia least a year experience’. I did secure an pharmacy essay, interview which ended favorably; just short of a job offer. The next step at this particular hospital required by research papers, the nurse recruiter, was to list ALL OF MY EXPERIENCE. Pharmacy Admission! I have been in anthology nursing since 1974! LPN in 1977 and BSN in 1989. When she responded to my email outlining all this information, which took me more than 2 hours to complete, was ‘we want to make certain we give you recognition for pharmacy all the my coursework, years you have been a nurse. AND, that was the last I heard from them. I contend she realized I would have to start at pharmacy admission the upper end of compensation for my experience. Do you know of anyone who may be advocating for the ‘older nurse?’ Never thought I would use those words to describe myself… I am so much more than my age.

I am effective, reliable, comprehensive in my assessments, professional role model and delightful as a team member. Please give me some feedback relating to these concerns. Interpretation Critical Essays! I am ready to consult with the pharmacy, department of labor regarding this ‘alleged practice’ to decrease costs per fte.I think it’s a shame! really good information here! I was updating my resume as I was reading your tips – will definitely share with friends and collegues.

Thank you so much! Hello, This was very thorough advice. Community Thesis! I’ve yet to figure how to be concise yet detailed with these tips in mind. I have almost 2 years experience in In-Patient Psychiatry and SNF just because those were the two jobs I landed. However, I always wanted to do LD or NICU. I did my preceptorship in pharmacy essay 2011 in LD. How can I use my experience and make it appealing for LD again?

We’re glad to hear that you found the information useful! You can view the BluePipes sample resume to get an idea for formatting yours. Please bear in mind that our site generates a PDF document and you could get more compact results with a word processor like Microsoft Word. Poetry Anthology! Also, you might be interested in reading our post on essay, resume length. You can find creative ways to technical translate your Psych and SNF experience to NICU and L#038;D. However, you most likely won’t be able to address the unique technical skills required for pharmacy admission essay these units. You could look for volunteer opportunities working with pregnant women and technical essay newborns in your community.

While it’s always tough to find time to volunteer, you’ll be doing a great service for your community and getting some relevant experience to add to your resume. Thank you for this very interesting article. I have been an RN for 9 years; 4 years at the bedside and 5 years in a hospital-based surgical practice doing outpatient, telehealth and some inpatient care. I would like to pharmacy admission essay transition back to the bedside but feel that my lack of direct patient care over the last 5 years may be hamstringing me. Reservation! How can I turn this perceived negative into pharmacy a positive and at least get through the ice storm, front door of the interview process? You’re welcome, we hope you found the article useful. Yours is a legitimate challenge that many nurses share. With respect to your resume, you should focus on pharmacy admission essay, demonstrating how your recent experience translates to bedside nursing.

While we’re not familiar with your specific scenario, we’re certain that there are aspects of your experience with outpatient, telehealth and research papers inpatient care that translate to pharmacy admission bedside nursing. Carefully review the job duties and qualifications of bedside nurses, and not just those found in the job descriptions of online job postings, to get ideas for anthology framing your recent experience in admission essay a way that applies to anthology assignment bedside nursing. Next, focus on writing an excellent nursing cover letter in which you present yourself as a solution to the problems facing the employer in admission essay question. Of course, you’re still going to have some difficulties ranking highly in the applicant tracking system due to the lack of recent bedside experience. Anthology Assignment! Therefore, networking is admission, a must. Nearly 40% of all new-hires are the result of employee referral. Othello Essays! With 9 years of experience, you’re bound to have some connections and now is the time to leverage them.

We realize this type of job searching can feel unorthodox, but its success rate is too good to neglect it. Use professional networking sites like BluePipes and pharmacy essay LinkedIn to online reservation thesis enhance your networking efforts. Finally, we’ve spoken to many nurses who tout the benefits of refresher courses for bedside nursing. Pharmacy! While we aren’t familiar with such courses, the fact that many nurses recommend them is an indication that they should be further researched as a potential tool when facing your challenge. We hope this information helps…and Good Luck!! i have a question regarding applying to research nursing positions.

I am a new grad RN and have several nursing job applications that have been under review for over a month. Pharmacy Essay! Last week I became certified in ACLS and was wondering how to go about informing the technical essay, hospitals that I am waiting to pharmacy hear back from that I am newly certified in this skill, since it is my coursework, not on my resume that they have on file (that I originally sent in). Congratulations on your recent achievements! This is a great question. You may be able to log in to the hospitals’ applicant tracking systems (the online system you most likely used to apply) and update your resume and/or profile. Either way, you may also want to pharmacy admission essay give them a call, ask for the staffing office and pose this question to my coursework columbia the representative you speak with. We find that hospitals are quite responsive to admission candidate inquiries relative to other employers. We hope these recommendations help, and we’d love to hear back about what actions you take and how they work out. Good luck! I completely disagree that availability should be included on the resume. When a nurse applies for a position it is usually clear what hours that he/she is applying to work.

I actually think it’s a bit juvenile to put availability on poetry anthology, your resume. What I do think that many nurses omit is a well-crafted cover letter to accompany their resume. The additional touch of a thoughtful and appropriate cover-letter can help give you an edge over admission essay, other applicants who omit this step. Community! I found some good details on cover letters for admission nurses here: http://bit.ly/1dDy8If . Thanks for online reservation system thesis the feedback, Brittney. Including availability on a nursing resume is important for many reasons. Pharmacy! First, the job applied for isn’t the only job available, and othello - an essays most jobs are never advertised so candidates will never really know about all of the available jobs with a particular employer. Second, job specs don’t always display every last pertinent detail.

With respect to availability, this can mean that a job advertised for pharmacy day shifts might in-fact be for mid shifts, or pm shifts. This happens frequently when the columbia, job board technology limits the employer’s ability to accurately display the pharmacy, shifts. Third, job specs often change on the back-end and online system thesis are never updated on the front-end. So a job that’s advertised for days may have changed to nights without being updated on the job board. Fourth, due to the proliferation of applicant tracking systems, resumes are added to admission essay a searchable database these days. So resumes are searchable for community thesis future job openings. Finally, recruiters will almost always contact the candidate with the most attributes in common with any given job description. So in admission all of the scenarios described above, a recruiter will be more prone to contact the online system, candidate with matching availability assuming all else is equal. Finally, it’s true that nursing resumes should always be tailored for a specific job description when a specific job is being applied for. However, a plurality of jobs are filled via networking and referrals.

In such cases, it’s rare that a specific job is being applied for. Instead, a candidate passes their resume along to a contact who has connections with the employer in question. The resume is reviewed for potential matches with available jobs and the candidate is contacted. Again, availability is one detail that recruiters and hiring managers are looking for. Lastly, we agree that cover letters are important and related to this topic. However, they necessitate their own discussion and admission essay we plan on addressing this in a future blog post. This is great information! As a new graduate RN with no prior experience in the healthcare field what would you recommend? I have over 4 years in retail but I’m not sure if this would make much of a difference for recruiters. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! Hi there!

Wow this information is community, great! Although I’m still an admission, undergraduate, I find this site very helpful for tips to keep in mind when applying for columbia a job! I just had a concern that may affect my decision within the Nursing field… For a while, I was thinking of minoring in something in essay addition to Nursing that I can apply to the work field. I know that computer knowledge is - an critical, a great booster for a resume, but I wanted to know if there were any other skills hospitals are looking for in their RNs? Thank you again for pharmacy essay the detailed explanations! Thanks, Michele!

We’re glad you found the information useful! Yes, computer knowledge is a great booster for the resume. You can look into Health Care Informatics as an on nursing, option for a minor or additional coursework. You may also consider Healthcare Management or Administration, Nutritional Sciences, Biology, Sign Language, or Spanish. In fact, Spanish is a huge selling point these days.

As a side note: make the absolute most of your preceptorship. Be at your best and pharmacy use the ice storm, opportunity to network with everyone you can. We hope this information helps!! Please let us know if you have any other questions. This is great information! Thank you! I am wondering though, as a RN with 1 year of experience in the CVICU, trying to move, with most places wanting more experience than that for hire, how should I market myself? I have done all of these critical care elements, but just not a ton of it. Before nursing school, I was a critical care telemetry tech for pharmacy admission essay 3 years and a hospital pharmacy tech of 3 years as well as a SNE(student nurse extern) during school.

Because it is not nursing, but healthcare related, should I include it in othello critical my resume? It seems juvenile but pertinent to add some experience. Thanks! We’re happy to hear you found the information helpful, Dashia! You pose an excellent question regarding the inclusion of pharmacy admission non-RN healthcare experience on your resume. There isn’t a steadfast rule, unfortunately, and you’re going to find that some people will say yes and some people will say no. I fall in reservation the yes camp and pharmacy admission essay believe you should include all healthcare related experience on poetry, your resume for several reasons. First, it demonstrates progression within the pharmacy admission essay, general field of healthcare. - An Interpretation Essays! Second, it conveys additional experience within the admission essay, field that other candidates may not have. Third, in many cases (and certainly in your case) the reservation thesis, experience is related to the jobs you’re applying for.

Fourth, it may help you stand out from pharmacy essay other candidates with otherwise similar experience. Fifth, unbeknownst to many candidates, many hospitals require your last 7 to 10 years of work history regardless of whether or not it was healthcare related. Othello Interpretation Essays! While this requirement doesn’t factor into admission their candidate selection process, they will certainly collect the information at thesis some point during the hiring process. Pharmacy Essay! Finally, it may help your resume rank higher in applicant tracking systems. I hope this information helps! This information is very helpfull. Hi.

I obtained an MD degree overseas before I even started getting licensed here as RN. Technical! I was told it would not help or matter anymore if I include that in my resume. What would you suggest? Hey Liza, I hope all is admission essay, well. I recommend including your overseas education. I agree that it most likely will not influence the initial resume screening process. My Coursework! However, it could have influence later in the process. You may not want to make it a significant part of your resume, but I think including it is pharmacy essay, better than not. It certainly enhances your personal story.

Do you have an example resume? Hey Michaele, My apologies for the delay. We’ve been busy transferring our blog to this new domain. We do not have an example nurse resume that we’re able to publish to the blog at on nursing this time. However, we will work on getting one up soon.

Also, I recommend becoming a member on BluePipes where your professional profile will allow you to pharmacy essay record the top 10 details recommended for nursing resumes in this article. Community! You can then print your BluePipes profile as a resume. Thanks so much!! This clarifies a lot for me. I am a new LPN attempting to start my career in a new state and have read a lot of advice on pharmacy, Nurses.com that is wrong. Thesis! I’ll take the advice of a recruiter over general opinions anytime. Pharmacy Admission! Most on the other sites were saying NEVER to include your license # details until you actually get a job offer. Then I just applied to reservation thesis one that specifically asked that I provide that info as well as any certifications on my resume in order to be considered. Admission! I was hesitant since all the threads warn of protecting it at all cost due to poetry anthology assignment identity theft? I’m glad you clarified this and some other points. I do have one question that is not addressed in your article.

If you are continuing your education to pharmacy essay receive your BSN or MSN for example would mentioning that on your resume make a candidate more desirable to potential employers or would you leave that off? Hey Aimee, I’m glad to hear that you’ve found the information useful. Great question!! I think it’s a great idea to add your education in progress to community thesis your resume. I recommend including an estimated completion date and perhaps even the number of units completed to date.

There are several reasons adding your education in progress could be beneficial. First, it could result in a higher ranking by the Applicant Tracking System. Second, it shows that you’re interested in advancing your knowledge and your career. Third, it demonstrates your own personal motivation. As for admission essay the identity theft claims: Your license number is my coursework columbia, a matter of public record already. Anybody can go to your state board of pharmacy essay nursing and search by name to verify your state license, which includes the license number. So, even letting someone know your name, that you’re a registered nurse, and the state you’re licensed in provides the means to easily obtain your license number. Columbia! Providing it on pharmacy, your resume simply allows the ice storm research papers, human resources rep to skip this step. Which increases the chance that your resume will be passed up the pharmacy essay, chain. And remember, you’re attaching your resume in secure Applicant Tracking Systems, many of which also ask for your Social Security Number and Date of columbia Birth (although some states prohibit employers from asking for SSN on job applications). I recently completed my ADN, passed the NCLEX, and admission now I am working on anthology, my resume.

I already have a BA and MSW, which I will include on admission essay, my resume, but I am wondering how I can state that I intend to pursue a BSN, although have not yet applied and don’t have credits towards the degree. Thanks for your advice. Congratulations on your recent achievements! You pose a great question regarding RN resumes, one for reservation system thesis which there is no steadfast answer. My belief is that it wouldn’t be appropriate to include the information in the Education section of your resume because you haven’t yet been accepted to pharmacy admission a BSN program. Community Thesis! However, you could certainly add it there once accepted to a program. Pharmacy Admission! Until then, you could make brief mention of this information in your nursing resume summary. We hope you find this response useful. Please feel free to post any follow-up or additional questions you may have.

Good luck!! I have an additional question regarding previous education that I haven’t seen asked by othello interpretation critical, anyone. I’m an older new grad. Admission Essay! I recently had someone look at one of my resumes and give me her input. She deleted all but my nursing education (Associates Degree). In some ways I think it’s not a bad idea since the columbia, previous education dates me if I include the years I attended (which I don’t but suppose that omission might make HR wonder). On the essay, other hand, I attended highly regarded universities for undergrad and grad studies, not to mention it shows I have a Bachelors even though it’s not in the sciences. It seems like the RN to BSN courses are more human and social science courses, rather than science courses, however, and thesis that is the admission essay, majority of reservation system my BA. OK… That’s some background info, now I’ll get to the point #128578; I know that resumes should cover only the last 10 years of admission essay employment history.

Do you think this ‘rule’ also applies to education? Should I leave it to discuss in an interview (as recommended by the person who revised my resume)? I’m feeling very conflicted about this. Research! The new resume doesn’t feel like me, my degrees can be related to admission the psycho-social aspect of nursing, and when you fill in the online application portion they ask for all education (although you usually have to add on education). I would greatly appreciate your insight and recommendation. My sincerest apologies for the delay. Congratulations on your recent graduation! This is a tough situation. Both sides of the argument have merit. Essay On Nursing! Moreover, there really aren’t any steadfast rules about resumes…only staunch opinions. To me, your nursing resume and cover letter are all about pharmacy admission essay, telling your story in community thesis a way that convinces the reader you’re the right person for admission essay the job while providing them with the details they need.

Personally, I’d keep the education details on the resume, and use a brief portion of the cover letter to tie that education into the story about you being the best candidate for the job in question. Given the information you’ve provided about your previous education, it sounds as though you have a great opportunity to do just that. Again, there is no right or wrong answer here. Columbia! You may even try it both ways. Some readers will appreciate it one way and other will appreciate it another. However, I’m of the pharmacy admission, belief that all education is valuable.

I hope this information helps. We’d love to technical on nursing hear back about how it all works out!!

Write My Paper -
Pharmacy Personal Statement Examples | Studential com

14 Reasons this is a Perfect Recent College Grad Resume. Share this article: If you’re unsure where to start or what to include in your entry-level college grad resume, we’re here to help! TopResume recently partnered with TheJobNetwork to produce a webinar all about admission essay resume writing for the recent college graduate. Technical Essay On Nursing? Click on the following link to admission listen to a resume-writing webinar for the entry-level professional and check out a sample resume below to help craft the perfect resume for your job search. Below are 14 reasons why this is an reservation excellent resume for a college graduate.

1. He used a professional-looking email address. The email address fratbro4life@domain.com may have been funny when you were in college, but it’s not the best choice to represent your professional brand in the working world. Do yourself a favor and set up a professional-looking email address that’s reserved for your job-seeking activities. 2. Admission? It includes a customized link to his LinkedIn profile. Not only is LinkedIn a great place to build your professional brand and make connections, but recruiters expect to othello critical find you on there. In fact, a survey found that more than 90 percent of employers use LinkedIn to search for admission essay and evaluate job candidates. Make it easy for them to find you by including the link to your profile at anthology assignment the top of pharmacy essay, your resume.

Take it a step further and customize your LinkedIn profile URL so it matches your brand and ice storm, fits nicely on your resume. 3. The professional summary isn’t full of fluff. It can be tempting to pharmacy throw a bunch of buzzwords such as “ambitious” and “self-starter” into online system thesis, the summary section of pharmacy admission essay, your college grad resume, but employers know these are pure fluff and won’t be impressed when they read them. Don’t tell employers how you’re a great team player. Instead, explain how you served on a committee to raise money for your lacrosse team or received accolades for a group project during your internship. Click on the following link for more tips to craft your professional summary. Poetry Assignment? 4. Nicolas optimized his resume with relevant keywords. Essay? Your job application needs to get past multiple gatekeepers before it makes it into the hands of a hiring manager. Poetry Anthology? Take a look at the job listings you’re interested in and identify the key terms and pharmacy, phrases that routinely pop up. Assignment? If you have those skills or were exposed to that industry or process, incorporate them into your resume. You can add them into a core competencies section, similar to Nicholas’ resume, or incorporate them throughout the work experience section.

5. There aren’t any mentions of high school. Hiring managers are interested in what you’ve done lately, not what you accomplished four or more years before you went to college. Admission Essay? Focus on highlighting your activities, accomplishments, and the work experience that took place during your college career, calling special attention to anything that directly supports your job goals. Only list your GPA on your entry-level resume if it’s a 3.0/4.0 or higher. My Coursework Columbia? If the GPA in your major is higher than your overall GPA, feel free to pharmacy admission use that instead.

However, keep in mind that employers will know why you didn’t include the GPA and may ask you about it during the interview process. 7. Nicholas didn’t include his course work. Thesis? If you’ve held at least one internship that’s relevant to your degree and pharmacy admission essay, career goals, there’s no reason to also include a list of the research papers courses you took. Essay? Employers will value your internship experience over the stuff you learned in the classroom any day of the week. However, if you did not intern, include a list of the 400-level courses you took that are most closely tied to your job goals to show hiring managers what subjects you’re familiar with. 8. It plays up Nicholas’ selling points. The format of your entry-level college grad resume will depend upon the information you have to my coursework columbia work with. If you have a ton of great internship experience, highlight that just below your professional summary and essay, education sections. If you didn’t hold any jobs that were related to your future career, play up other information instead, such as the my coursework high-level courses you took or major projects you participated in, academic or athletic honors you received, or extra-curricular activities that demonstrate your leadership skills. In Nicholas’ case, we divided his experience into admission, two categories so his relevant internships took the my coursework spotlight. 9. Each employer has a company description.

Help employers get a better understanding of the admission essay industries and work environments you were exposed to by including a line that describes each company with which you held an internship. Reservation System? If you’re tight on admission, space, feel free to eliminate this information for your summer jobs that aren’t related to thesis your current career goals. You can also omit this information from your internships if they were all held at companies with big, well-known brand names. 10. Nicholas bulleted the most important information. Admission? Use bullet points to draw attention to assignment the information you believe recruiters will care most about. This may include an pharmacy admission essay accomplishment or other major contribution you helped your team achieve. 11. Action verbs are used to describe his work experience. Notice how the bullets under Nicholas’ roles begin with an community action verb?

This information focuses on how Nicholas contributed to an end result. When you’re new to the workforce, you may not have many major accomplishments and contributions to include in your resume; however, use action verbs (i.e. created, led, managed, improved, developed, built) to describe your activities. 12. His extracurricular activities and honors are provided. Your first resume out of college should play up your best selling points. This may include any projects or extracurricular activities you held while attending college, as well as any scholarships or other honors your receiving during that time. Click on the following link for more tips on how to pharmacy admission essay build a resume using college involvement as experience. 13.

Nicholas’ relevant skills are listed. Take a closer look at the job descriptions that interest you and note what technical skills they expect you to possess. This may include a particular software program or a language skill that’s considered valuable in your chosen field. If you have a working knowledge of these platforms, list them on thesis, your resume. If you keep seeing a skill or tool mentioned that you don’t know much about, look for pharmacy admission free or low-cost online courses on community, the topic to admission bolster your skill set.

Resources such as edX, SkillShare, and Lynda.com are a great place to start. Othello Critical? As an entry-level professional, you only get one page of pharmacy essay, resume real estate don’t waste it by adding references or the phrase, “References available upon request.” Employers usually won’t ask for this information until you make it to a face-to-face interview, and they know you’ll provide it if they request it. Looking for more samples and reservation system thesis, advice? Click on the following links to check out a recording of our recent resume-writing webinar and pharmacy admission, take a look at another recent college graduate resume sample I wrote for Business Insider. Click on the following link for more resume advice. Need help with your entry-level resume?

Take advantage of our free resume critique today! Subscribe today to essay on nursing get job tips and career advice that will come in handy. Let's stay in touch. Admission Essay? Subscribe today to get job tips and career advice that will come in handy. Your information is secure.

Please read our privacy policy for more information.

Expert Essay Writers -
Admissions Essays-personal statement, admission and application

essays etc Reflections on Economics, Taxation and the Church#039;s Social Doctrine. Of all the 20 th – century popes, Pope St. Pius X would probably not be anyone’s first choice in providing the inspiration to examine the relationship of economics and taxation with Catholic social teaching. St. Pius X reigned from 1903 to 1914. During his papacy, he published the first Code of Canon Law [i], restored traditional liturgy, and encouraged frequent reception of the Eucharist (Holy Communion). And although his predecessor, Leo XIII, was perhaps most famous for pharmacy essay the encyclical [ii] Rerum Norvarum , (the pioneering papal pronouncement on the economy and the rights of workers), St. Pius’ encyclicals did not pursue that area in depth.

But Pius X’s first encyclical, E Supremi , written only a few months after his election, set the tone, not only for his papacy, but also provides the justification for looking at papers, the entire world through the lens of Catholic teaching. In it, he stated that his program was “To restore (renew) all things is Christ.” [iii] Consider the phrase “all things.” It includes not only subjects that popes would be expected to write about (dogma, liturgy, etc.), but also economics, labor unions, recreation, families, sports – in short the entire range of programs, movements and developments that humans have created, encounter and pharmacy experience. We’ll see how Catholic social teaching has developed, evolved and expanded to include capitalism, labor unions, globalization, working conditions and politics. A recent example: Pope Francis has just published an encyclical on the environment. [iv] So, “all things” means literally everything in the realm of human existence. No doubt St.

Pius X is gratified that that his motto has been so completely embraced. I welcome your thoughts, questions, corrections, suggestions and feedback. You can contact me at phil.schurrer.e tc@gmail.com . I promise to papers keep any emails addressed to this link confidential. Hope to hear from you. Thanks for reading . Until next time – God bless! © 2015 Phillip Schurrer. All Rights Reserved. [i] The Code of Canon Law is a compilation of laws or rules for the Western, or “Latin rite,” Catholic Church (also popularly called the “Roman Catholic Church”).

The first Code of Canon Law took effect May 19, 1918 under Pope Benedict XV, who completed the project begun by Pope St. Pius X. Prior to this, rules were issued over the centuries without any coordination with one another. Pharmacy Admission. The second revision of Canon Law became effective under Pope St. John Paul II, and took effect November 27, 1983. The 22 Eastern Catholic Churches have their own Code, which was first issued in 1990. [ii] An encyclical is a pronouncement by the Pope concerning a specific aspect of Catholic doctrine. Online System. The term originally meant a “circulating letter.” The first modern encyclical was written in 1740. Encyclicals can be addressed to bishops,clergy and laity of pharmacy a certain country or region, to the Church at large, or to humanity as a whole. The name of each encyclical is taken from the first few words of the text, usually in Latin.

[iii] Based on my coursework Ephesians 1:10. [iv] Laudato Si’ , dated May 24, 2015. Money, Medicare and Catholic Social Teaching. Medicare and Medicaid observed their 50 th anniversaries, in July. So it’s probably a good time to reexamine these programs and their relationship with Catholic Social Teaching.

History and Overview. To begin with, the two programs are separate and essay distinct. Medicare is universal health insurance for those 65 and older. In 2013, 52.3 million Americans, including 8.8 million disabled younger people, were covered under Medicare. Revenue for the program comes from payroll deductions, premiums from beneficiaries, federal income taxes, and government borrowing and totaled $575.8 billion in 2013. Payments from the trust fund totaled $582.9 billion. [i] Medicaid is a joint Federal-State program that funds medical care for the poor.

The sources of its funding are through federal income taxes and government borrowing. Each state sets guidelines for columbia eligibility and pharmacy admission essay benefits. The federal government’s share varies from 50% to assignment 90%, depending on a state’s economic condition. At present, 72.2 million people are enrolled in pharmacy Medicaid, including 31 million children. Poetry. Of these children, half qualify as low-income. Medicaid finances 40% of all births in the United States. Essay. Total spending at reservation thesis, both the state and Federal level totaled $463 billion in 2013. [ii] After eliminations for double-counting, 115.5 million Americans, or more than one-third of the U.S. population, are enrolled in either Medicare or Medicaid.

Together, these two programs: now account for more than one-third of all U.S. health spending. [iii] spend more than all the combined payments made by private health insurance companies. Admission Essay. [iv] On the One Hand… The Catholic Church has always attempted heed Christ’s command to “preach and heal the sick.” [v] In the Church’s earliest days, miracles were worked [vi] in poetry some cases, and prayers were offered for the afflicted. [vii] One of the seven sacraments of the pharmacy essay, Catholic Church is the Anointing of the othello - an interpretation critical essays, Sick. According to admission the Rule of St. Benedict, [viii] the care of the sick is to be placed “before and above all things…so that they will be served as if they were Christ in person…” [ix] The Catholic Church was largely responsible for establishing hospitals after the fall of the Roman Empire and into the Middle Ages. Some clergy also practiced as physicians. Taking care of those who have the least amount of power and influence – the poor, the sick, the elderly, the children – has been given renewed attention in community thesis Catholic teaching. The current phrase “preferential option for the poor” is an admission essay expression of this concern. - An Critical. [x]

From this standpoint, Medicare and admission Medicaid would seem to be a furtherance of the Church’s concern and technical on nursing mission. In its initial year of operation (1966), Medicare served 19 million people and spent $3 billion (or $22.096 billion in 2015 dollars. [xi]) Since then, the program has grown to the point that the trustees for pharmacy admission essay the Medicare trust fund predict that the fund for hospital care (Part A) will be exhausted by 2030. [xii] Medicare and Medicaid fraud is difficult to compute, but the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the combined fraud for these two programs for 2013 alone amounted to $70 billion. [xiii] With the enormous amounts of money being disbursed, it’s no wonder even organized crime is becoming a major participant in Medicare/Medicaid fraud. Poetry Assignment. Willie Sutton’s reply, “Because that’s where the money is” to the question, “Why do you rob banks?” is certainly pertinent. The American Hospital Association reports that in 2013 its members recouped 88 cents for pharmacy every dollar spent in caring for Medicare beneficiaries. [xiv] As a percentage of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) [xv], Medicare and Medicaid have grown from 2% in 1985 to 4.7% in 2014. My Coursework Columbia. [xvi] Under the pharmacy admission essay, current rules, Medicare/Medicaid spending will amount to 8% of GDP by 2040, including the exchange subsidies under the community thesis, Affordable Care Act. [xvii].

Due to pharmacy essay Medicare and Medicaid’s complexity, these programs have become extremely difficult to administer, necessitating a large federal bureaucracy. Large amounts of time and energy are also expended by the recipients and technical essay medical care providers to comply with Medicare and Medicaid’s complex rules. With the pharmacy essay, growth of Medicare and Medicaid over the past 50 years to a point where over one-third of the nation is covered, there is cause for concern. Apart from its sustainability, one of the major issues is the concentration of anthology assignment power and money. The Founders were very distrustful of excessive accumulation of power in one branch, person, or area. Two guiding principles of this nation’s governmental design for the distribution of power: through Federalism (two levels of government – the states and the central government); and essay the dispersion of power among three separate branches of government (legislative, executive and judicial). In addition, the concept of poetry anthology assignment stewardship can assist in admission essay evaluating Medicare and Medicaid. In several areas of the New Testament, such as the on nursing, Parable of the Talents, [xviii] stewardship is pharmacy, mentioned. Stewardship requires us to be responsible for how our assets and gifts – our time, money, and my coursework the earth – are used. It has its origins in the book of Genesis, where God gave the Garden of pharmacy admission Eden and a dual command to our first parents: to community both “till” (make fruitful), and “keep” (preserve and protect) his gift. This concept is pharmacy admission essay, explicitly laid out in research Pope Francis’ recent encyclical Laudato Si’. [xix] St.

John Paul II’s warning in his encyclical Redemptor Hominis that humans seem “to see no other meaning in their natural environment than what serves for immediate use and pharmacy admission essay consumption” [xx] is another papal statement on stewardship. Personal responsibility also plays a role in stewardship. The parable of the Prodigal Son [xxi] hints at this: the son asks for his inheritance, then spends it on riotous living. He’s done nothing to earn it and consequently is less than prudent in his stewardship of it. As anyone responsible for thesis paying bills or budgeting knows, money is limited. The old slogan “money doesn’t grow on trees” is remains true. This also holds true for governmental programs and institutions.

Subsidiarity also plays a role in admission essay this discussion. “Subsidiarity” is assigning a task to the lowest organization or level capable of performing it. In his encyclical Quadragesimo Anno , Pope Pius XI describes it succinctly: As history abundantly proves, it is true that on account of changed conditions many things which were done by small associations in former times cannot be done now except by large associations. Still, that most weighty principle, which cannot be set aside or changed, remains fixed and unshaken in social philosophy: Just as it is gravely wrong to technical essay on nursing take from individuals what they can accomplish by pharmacy essay, their own initiative and industry and give it to the community, so also it is an injustice and at othello essays, the same time a grave evil and disturbance of right order to assign to a greater and pharmacy essay higher association what lesser and subordinate organizations can do. For every social activity ought of its very nature to furnish help to the members of the body social, and never destroy and my coursework columbia absorb them. Essay. [xxii] Considerations on interpretation critical stewardship, personal responsibility and subsidiarity lead to pharmacy essay questions regarding to Medicare and Medicaid: How much of poetry a role should government play? Can we “outsource” our obligation to care for essay others? Giving to others and caring for the elderly and sick is virtuous, whereas the only virtue involved in anthology paying taxes is pharmacy admission essay, that of obedience. Presently, Medicare is partially funded by a flat tax on wages of 2.9% – half paid by the employee and half by the employer. For wages above a threshold amount [xxiii], an additional .9% tax is poetry anthology assignment, levied, again split between employer and admission essay employee.

Unlike Social Security, there’s no upper income threshold or “cap” for the Medicare tax. Several solutions have been proposed: Raising the age of eligibility for Medicare. Critical Essays. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that raising the eligibility age from 65 to pharmacy admission 67 would save $19.1 billion between 2016 and 2023. [xxiv] Eligibility for Medicare would be based on means testing, health status, and age. Instead of the present two-tiered tax rate for Medicare, a progressive system could be adopted, with several tax rate brackets, similar to those in the current income tax system. Instead of merely taxing wages, the Medicare tax base could be expanded to cover other types of income, such as capital gains, dividends, interest, etc. Some have advocated a single payer system for the entire health care industry.

However, Vermont’s recent experience can teach us much. Essay. When Peter Shumlin ran for pharmacy admission essay governor in 2010, a proposed state-run single-payer health system was the basis of poetry assignment his campaign. After his victory, creation of the system took center stage. But funding it would entail a tax increase of at least 10%. Governor Shumlin won the 2012 reelection as the single-payer drama unfolded, but it became clear that the scheme was too costly. Pharmacy Admission Essay. After all the ice storm research, studying (costing $2 million) was completed, the numbers came in. The cost of the system, originally $2 billion was revised upwards to essay over $3 in online system thesis five years.

An 11.5% payroll tax would be required, as well as a progressive income tax. Despite all this additional revenue, the single-payer system would run a deficit by 2020. [xxv] Undoubtedly, caring for the sick is one of the Corporal Works of Mercy in Catholic theology as well as in other Christian denominations. [xxvi] The heart of the issue is this: assuming caring for the sick is a moral obligation, what’s the best way to fulfill that duty? It’s evident that individuals themselves can’t assume total responsibility for pharmacy admission essay this. Ice Storm Research. Subsidiarity – the pushing down of power to the lowest level capable of handling the task – is an essential element of Catholic Social Teaching. Assuming that government (at whatever level) is best able to do this, how much money (and therefore, power) should be entrusted to it?

There’s no easy answer or magic formula. But we, as citizens of pharmacy essay this country and members of the Body of Christ, conscious of our obligations to both spheres, and aware of the limitations of our resources, need to keep asking these questions as well as continue to community look for pharmacy more innovative solutions. In a previous blog, the essay, image of tightrope walking was mentioned. This idea has application in essay dealing with Medicare and Medicaid. It’s a question of balancing personal involvement with delegating the task to a governmental agency and then monitoring it carefully. I welcome your thoughts, questions, corrections, suggestions and feedback. You can contact me at phil.schurrer.etc@gmail.com . I promise to keep any emails addressed to this link confidential.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks for reading. Online System. Until next time – God bless! © 2015 Phillip Schurrer. All Rights Reserved. [ii] Congressional Budget Office, The 2015 Long-Term Budget Outlook , Figure 2.1, pg. 29. [vi] For example, Acts 3:1-8. [vii] Letter of St. Pharmacy. James 5:14.

[viii] The Rule of St. Benedict is over 1,500 years old. [ix] Rule of St. Benedict, Chapter 36. [x] For an elaboration on this, see U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Department of Justice, Peace and Human Development, Catholic Social Teaching on Poverty, an - an Option for the Poor, and admission the Common Good, http://www.usccb.org/about/domestic-social-development/resources/upload/poverty-common-good-CST.pdf. [xi] The conversion to 2015 dollars was done using the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index calculator, found at http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm. [xiii] Congressional Budget Office, How Initiatives to research papers Reduce Fraud in Federal Health Care Programs Affect the pharmacy admission essay, Budget, October 2014 , pg. 6. [xv] Gross Domestic Product is an estimate of the size of a nation’s economy. [xvi] Congressional Budget Office, The 2015 Long-Term Budget Outlook , pg.

27. [xvii] Ibid. pg. Thesis. 28. [xviii] Matt. 25:14-30. [xix] Laudator Si’ , par. 124. [xx] Redemptor Hominis , par. 287. [xxi] Luke 15: 11-32. [xxii] Quadragesimo Anno , par. 79.

[xxiii] Presently $200,000 for pharmacy admission a single person and $250,000 for a married couple filing jointly. [xxiv] Congressional Budget Office, Raising the ice storm papers, Age of Eligibility for Medicare from 65 to 67: An Updated Estimate of the Budgetary Effects , October 2013. [xxv] This material is based on How Single-payer Health Care Failed in Progressive Paradise , Wall Street Journal, August 1, 2015. [xxvi] Matt 25:34-35 lists six works of mercy. Pharmacy Admission. The seventh, that of burying the dead, has its scriptural origin in the Old Testament book of Tobias (Tobit) 1:20-21. Money, Emotions – and Tightrope Walking. Economics has occasionally been referred to as the “dismal science.” [i] For some people, all those forecasts, graphs and charts are about as interesting as watching paint dry or grass grow. Money is an - an important measurement tool in economic analysis.

And economics in general and money in particular do intersect with Catholic social teaching. Money has at least two basic functions: first, as a medium of exchange and, second, as a store of value. We use money to purchase goods and services – it’s far easier and more efficient than barter. We can also delay spending until a future date and be somewhat confident that the pharmacy admission essay, value of money – its purchasing power – will remain relatively unchanged. [ii] In economic jargon, money that’s spent currently is called “consumption”; money that’s retained to be spent later is termed “savings” or “investment.” Money can purchase medical services that save lives, or illegal drugs that cost lives. It can be funneled by mobsters through legitimate businesses to be “laundered,” or can be lent to small business owners in developing countries to start enterprises employing scores of papers people and pharmacy admission essay lifting a community out of grinding property. It can build churches or gas chambers at technical on nursing, concentration camps.

In short, money is a tool. And like most other tools at our disposal, it has no inherent morality of its own. Any ethical conclusions will depend on its use – and by admission essay, our attachment to othello critical essays it. The Emotional Component. Money is more than just entries in a checkbook, or debits and credits, or even the subject of Biblical quotations. Money can evoke an pharmacy admission essay emotional reaction.

Like it or not, money is critical, near and pharmacy essay dear to technical essay the heart of most of us. It’s been said that “A man’s pocketbook is the seat of admission his sensitivities.” [iii] There’s an emotional component that attaches to money. Want proof? Just walk up and down the street and ask strangers the amount of their taxable income, or how much money they earned last year. Rest assured, you’ll be given strange and even hostile looks, and many responses will be emotional – as in “None of your ____ business!” Or listen to a family that has just lost its source of income, either through death or a layoff. When gathered to technical discuss family economics [iv] and the prospect of lack of food or losing their home, the conversation will not be conducted in pharmacy essay dry academic tones. There’s true emotion here because a major threat has arisen to the family’s survivability. A Balancing Act.

So, as Catholics, how do we view money or, for that matter, the things that money buys? The best image might be a tightrope. We have to thesis find a balance between, on the one hand, acquiring what we need for admission our sustainability and that of our loved ones, and on the other hand, becoming overly attached toward material possessions. We need food; too little and we starve; too much and we become overweight through gluttony. Often, when we see news reports of people who have lost their homes and possessions in a flood, tornado or other disaster, quite often we’ll hear expressions of ice storm gratitude that the family member escaped, and admission that the system thesis, rest of it is, “just stuff.” Indeed. There’s a quote regarding the length of a woman’s dress that seems appropriate here: the problem is not whether it’s too long or too short; the problem is where to draw the line. [v] The Perspective of Jesus. So, what’s the proper approach to money or, indeed, any material thing? We are to be “in the world, but not of it.” Jesus himself tells us that it’s difficult – but not impossible – for a rich person to enter heaven. [vi]

We’ve all heard that “Money is the root of all evil.” [vii] We’ve also heard Scripture references to “Lay up in pharmacy admission essay heaven your treasures, where neither moth nor rust destroys…for where your treasure is, there will your heart also be.” [viii] Material things were put here on earth for poetry anthology our benefit and use. Money is a human invention that simplifies the exchange of one good or service for another. Jesus himself paid the temple tax, [ix] and pharmacy admission essay was not afraid to provide premium material things to ice storm research humans – recall the wedding feast at Cana, where he transformed water into wine for the benefit of the pharmacy admission essay, newly married couple. Not just any kind of - an critical essays wine, but the choice variety. [x] Jesus encouraged a woman to anoint his head and feet with precious oils when he was eating, despite their cost. [xi] Some of the onlookers objected to such extravagance, but Jesus told them that “the poor you always have with you; you will not always have me.” [xii] However, it’s safe to say that Jesus was not overly attached to admission essay material possessions. Online System. When he died, he literally had nothing to his name. At his crucifixion, his clothing was the prize in a dice game, [xiii] and he was buried in a borrowed tomb. [xiv]

Money – and the things it buys – is pharmacy admission essay, part of our culture. - An Interpretation Critical Essays. It’s in the air all around us. So how do we handle and manage it, and our desire – driven by admission, our nature and culture – for more, more, more? Those in the tax profession know the phrase “highest and best use,” [xv] and it certainly applies here. Any decision about the best use of worldly goods has a situational element to it: finding the “highest and best use” for money and othello - an interpretation critical essays the things it buys. It depends on the facts and circumstances, and requires both reflection and judgement. It’s our degree of attachment that makes all the admission essay, difference. Ice Storm Research. And, because we have inherited the effects of pharmacy Original Sin, it’s a lifelong struggle to maintain that proper balance.

But, if we truly want to have a personal relationship with Christ, to be his followers, we need maintain that balance – to walk that tightrope – each and reservation thesis every day. Thanks for reading. Until next time…God Bless! © 2015 Phillip Schurrer. All Rights Reserved. [i] The first recorded use of the phrase “dismal science” occurred in Thomas Carlyle’s 1749 essay, “Occasional Discourse on the Negro Question.” [ii] Of course, that confidence also depends on how far into the future we eventually will spend the money. In the pharmacy essay, words of finance, “a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow” due to inflation. And all this confidence evaporates if there is rampant inflation, such as in Germany in the 1920’s, or rampant deflation, such as occurred in the United States in the 1930’s. [iii] I’d like to attribute this quote to system thesis Jefferson, but can’t be sure of the source.

[iv] The word “economics” originates in the ancient Greek words for “good practices for household management.” [v] Again, an pharmacy unattributed quote. I’d like to credit G.K. Chesterton but, again, can’t be certain. [vi] Matthew 19:23-26. [vii] The exact quote is from 1 Timothy 6:10 “the love of money is the root of all evil.” (My emphasis.) That’s much different than “money is the root of all evil.” [viii]Matthew 6:20-21. This quote is part of the ice storm papers, Sermon on the Mount. [ix] Matthew 17:23-26. [xi] Matthew 26:6-13; Mark 14:3-9; Luke 7:36-50; John 12:1-8. This event is one of the pharmacy, events in the life of Christ reported by my coursework, all four evangelists.

[xii] This is admission, reported in Matthew, Mark and John. See footnote 10 for specific citations. [xiii] Matthew 27:35; Mark 15:24; Luke 23:34; John 19:23-24. Again, one of the events reported in all four Gospels. [xiv] Matthew 27:57-60.

[xv] This phrase is often found in my coursework columbia property tax regulations regarding the valuation of real estate.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
How to Write a Pharmacy School Admission Essay | Education

Colonial Williamsburg Official History Site - Mobile Version. The goose is getting fat, Please put a penny in the old man's hat. Sleigh bells ringing, children singing, Yule logs aglow, toy-filled stockings hanging by the hearth, Currier and Ives, Tiny Tim, and a beer baron's Clydesdales tromping through the snow. 'Tis Christmastide again, and pharmacy admission as Grand Illumination heralds the season in Williamsburg, we can easily imagine the way it was in colonial times. Othello Critical. Holly wreaths on every front door, mistletoe in the hallway, candle-lit tree in the parlor ringed round with brightly packaged gifts, and the sound of lantern-carrying carol singers amid the pharmacy admission essay gently falling snowflakes. But snow? What snow?

How often did colonial Virginians get snow at Christmas in Williamsburg? Thomas Nast's twinkling nineteenth-century Santa is the one familiar now. The older St. Nicholas was rather grim. Click image to enlarge.

If modern experience is the judge, the answer is: Not often. Though in ice storm papers 1775 it fell right on cue. On Friday, December 22, diarist John Harrower, writing from Belvidera Plantation near Fredericksburg, reported a great fall of snow. But for him, Christmas Day passed unnoticed. In the previous year it snowed on pharmacy, the thirteenth, but Harrower's Christmas entry told only that he had no saddle on which to ride to church. Online System Thesis. Another diarist, Philip Vickers Fithian, handed out sixpences to the servants that cost him three shillings and a penny ha'penny, modest largesse then described as a Christmas box. But that was about the essay extent of Fithian's giving or receiving.

He found Christmas dinner no otherwise than common, albeit elegantly laid out. The Christmas Day entry of a much earlier diarist, William Byrd of my coursework, Westover, recalled that in 1740 it was too cold for him to go to pharmacy essay, church, though he did have roast turkey on the table. Turkeys and hams were traditional colonial fare, as they were in England. Even in papers the midst of a hot and pharmacy admission sickly summer, a Yorktown resident thought to ship two Christmas turkeys to London, saying, Mrs Mary Ambler will send hams to eat with them. Community Thesis. But that was about as Christmassy as colonial Virginians became. It was no different in London for essay William Byrd in 1718, whose diary contributed only that he ate some roast beef for dinner in anthology what we would consider a late lunch. Essay. No churchgoing, no gifts given or received. The following Christmas he was at sea on community, his way back to Virginia and eating plum pudding and boiled mutton, followed by roasted chestnuts and a bowl of punch with the captain. Byrd also conducted a service for admission the crew and wrote his own prayer. Some Christmas customs descend from Saturnalia festivals, Roman celebrations in late December.

Click image to enlarge. In short, an eighteenth-century Christmas, be it afloat, in Virginia, or in the Royal Court in London, was primarily a religious festival—as it was meant to be. Nevertheless, being nice to thesis, the neighbors was a traditional facet of pharmacy admission, Christmas benevolence in high places. Reservation System. In 1772 the Virginia Gazette reported that at Windsor Lodge the Duke of Cumberland kept open table for the Country People, for three Days, covered with Surloins of roast Beef, Plum Puddings, and minced Pies, the rich and ancient Food of Englishmen. The report said that this was in the old English solid way, a criticism still heard in this country about English cooking. In 1774 Christmas fell conveniently on a Sunday, and amid much regal pomp George III and Queen Charlotte received the pharmacy sacrament in - an the Chapel-Royal from the hands of the Lord Bishop of London, assisted by the Lord Bishop of Chichester and the Clerk of the essay King's Closet. In the following year the royal family went through the same ritual and made the usual offering. Technical Essay. The reporting newspaper noted, however, that the day has been kept with more strictness, by all ranks of people in this metropolis, than for pharmacy admission some years past.

One immediately wonders what level of laxity had been perceived in previous years. It was, however, far more likely that antisocial behavior blossomed in community the day after Christmas, that being the occasion for masters to reward servants and apprentices with ceramic money boxes containing their annual bonuses, which quickly went down their throats in the nearest taverns. 'Twas ever thus. As early as 1387 Geoffrey Chaucer wrote about the pharmacy essay apprentice, his box, and technical essay on nursing his reputation for pharmacy wild and community thesis riotous behavior. Pharmacy Admission. Although it is doubtful that any happy apprentice gave a thought to the origins of Boxing Day, the assignment church was all too aware that the day of giving and receiving gifts could be traced to the pagan Roman Saturnalia, an event unfit for pious eyes or ears. They saw it that way in pharmacy admission Puritan Massachusetts. A law enacted in 1659 read: Whosoever shall be found observing any such day as Christmas, or the like, either by forebearing of labor, feasting in any other way, shall be fined 5 shillings, and forbade the Festival of Christmas and kindred ones, superstitiously kept. The law was only in effect for twenty-two years, but Christmas was not made a legal holiday in Massachusetts until the mid-nineteenth century. In England during the Cromwellian interregnum, attending a Christmas service could get one into deep trouble, as it did for diarist John Evelyn. On Christmas Day, 1657, he and his wife were arrested while receiving the sacrament, musket-pointing Puritan soldiers threatening them as if they would have shot us at the altar.

Turkey was a traditional English main course for eighteenth-century Christmases, along with Surloins of research papers, roast Beef and hams, though colonists supped on the bird in summer, too. Click image to admission essay, enlarge. Although there is evidence that the stroke of a Puritanical pen outlawed many an ice storm papers old English custom thought to have had pagan origins, in the tradition-shrouded recesses of the countryside such edicts were contemptuously ignored. Albeit in distorted forms, therefore, some traditions survived to be absorbed into admission, the Christmas we still enjoy. Take, for example, the Yule log, whose ceremonial presentation is an established Colonial Williamsburg event. Research Papers. In the medieval centuries, when candles were expensive and hearths wide, the notion that the birth of the Christ child became the light of the world was reflected in the Christmas Eve burning of a large, knotted, and slow-burning log or wooden block. Thus, in 1677, Poor Robin's Almanack included the December lines, Now blocks to cleave this time requires, / 'Gainst Christmas for to make good fires. Twenty-nine years earlier, Puritan cleric Thomas Warmstry said that the blazes are foolish and vaine, not countenanced by the church. More to the point, oversized blazing logs were liable to admission, catch cottage chimneys on online system, fire.

The lighting of candles on Christmas Eve was another, somewhat safer means of welcoming the birth of Christ. In the sixteenth century, and probably earlier, single, very large candles called specifically Christmas candles were burned in churches and in homes, and essay it is this tradition of welcoming the reservation infant Jesus with candles that has become part of the Colonial Williamsburg prelude to the sacred day. Decorating one's home with ivy and other greenery was another tradition whose roots were dug deep in pagan Europe and were yet another feature of the Roman saturnalia that stretched from December 17 to 24. Created as a celebration for Saturnus, the god of agriculture, it evolved into an all-you-can-think-of festival of unbridled joy. Pharmacy Admission Essay. The thirteenth-century historian Mathew Paris said it was characterized by my coursework columbia, processions, singing, lighting candles, adorning the house with laurel and green trees, giving presents; the men dressed as women or masqueraded in the hides of animals. The fir we cut to stand in admission the living-room corner may stem from the same classical source, though most of the myths surrounding it are Germanic—as College of William and technical Mary professor Charles Frederick Ernest Minnegerode well knew.

He joined the faculty in 1842 to teach Latin and Greek and brought his native weinachtsbaum tradition with him. If you stumbled through that awkward word, just read it as Christmas tree. He set it up in the Courthouse Green home of his lawyer friend Beverley Tucker. It was not until Christmas Eve, 1915, however, that the City of Williamsburg chose Palace Green to erect its first public illuminated tree. The tradition continues, though it has shifted to Market Square and is lit at the time of the holiday-launching Grand Illumination. Kevin Ernst as Philip Vickers Fithian dispenses holiday sixpences to Jared Armstead, left, and Bliss Armstead as servants. It was already a custom he felt obliged to follow. Click image to enlarge. The illuminated Christmas tree was not a long-standing tradition in England.

Just as Professor Minnegerode brought a touch of his old country to pharmacy essay, Virginia, so another German took it to Britain. Online Thesis. He was Albert Saxe-Coburg Gotha, who married Queen Victoria in 1840 and two years later was granted the rank of consort and enjoyed the distinction of introducing his weinachtsbaum to the English court. The year was 1842. It is pharmacy doubtful that many among the crowd following the Fife and Drum Corps down Duke of Gloucester Street give much thought to Professor Minnegerode's contribution to Williamsburg's Christmas or, indeed, to its German origins. Among the best known of the legends is that of a knight who on Christmas Eve was riding through a forest when he saw a strange light glimmering between the trees. Reaching it, he found a single fir tree bedecked in burning candles, some upright and others inverted, and online topped by a glowing star. Admission. Returning home, his mother told him that he had been privileged to see the Tree of technical on nursing, Humanity. The candles, she said, were people, the good ones pointing up and the bad down.

The glowing star was the Infant Jesus watching over all humanity. Today, of course, few of us risk using anything but electric candles, but I recall a Christmas at Carter's Grove when a ceiling-height tree in the hall was so bedecked with flaming candles that the heat threatened to set the house on fire. In a more restrained manner, fire has always been at admission essay the heart of Christmas. In pre-Christian Germany in houses where smoke escaped through a hole in the roof rather than up a chimney, the winter solstice was dedicated to my coursework columbia, Hertha, the goddess of domesticity. The room was decked with evergreens and a great fire was laid on a large, flat altar stone set in the center. Admission. In the midst of feasting, the goddess would descend through the thesis smoke to bestow good luck on pharmacy essay, the host and his guests. Columbia. Thus, according to some mythologists, the Hertha stone became our hearthstones, and the legend explains why, rather than entering in a reasonable and pharmacy admission civilized way, Santa Claus comes down the chimney. His North Pole address seems to be relatively new as no Saturnalian or ancient German knew that it existed. But Santa's alter ego, a grim-visaged Saint Nicholas, came out of the German forests riding a white horse carrying a basket of gifts for community good children and a fistful of essay, birch rods with which to beat the poetry bad.

The saint's demon attendant, Pelznickle, who did the punishing and who today has been transformed into pharmacy admission, a cute polar elf, provided an online reservation system additional touch of menace. As for Santa as we know him, he came with Dutch colonists to New Amsterdam, where they built a church to Santa Nikalaus. It was American author Washington Irving who in pharmacy essay his 1809 tongue-in-cheek A History of New York by Diedrich Knickerbocker first described Santa Claus as small, rotund, and soaring through the air on a reindeer-drawn sleigh. Decades later, Thomas Nast, cartoonist for Harper's Illustrated Weekly, first drew him as we now know him. Ice Storm Research Papers. Nast also gave us the Democrats' donkey, and the GOP elephant. English writer John Evelyn and his wife, portrayed by Penn Russell and Lori Loughrey, found themselves in trouble with Cromwellian authorities, in pharmacy essay the person of Willie Balderson, for receiving Christmas sacrament from their priest, here Robert Doares. Click image to enlarge. And what about carols? Christmas without carolers would be like—well, like holly without ivy. The word is said to derive from the Latin cantare, to sing, and rola, an expression of joy, and its earliest surviving text dates from the thirteenth century.

But caroling being a monastic activity, it fell into disfavor in the reign of Henry VIII, later to be revived in more secular forms only to be condemned by community thesis, the Puritans. By the time the British got over that hurdle, old-style carols were considered antiquated. Consequently, it was not until the nineteenth century that most of the carols we now sing were written. Silent Night was first published in 1840, Hark the Herald Angels Sing in essay 1856, O Come, All Ye Faithful was not translated into English until 1841, and O Little Town of Bethlehem was written for essay a Philadelphia Sunday School in 1868. In truth, most of the pharmacy essay panoply of Christmas is the product of pagan tradition, of community thesis, Victorian sentimentality, and of modern marketing that keeps millions of the world's elves in the manufacturing business. Even the mandatory Christmas cards to and from people you scarcely remember and pharmacy admission probably wouldn't like if you saw them now have roots as shallow as the online system sentiments expressed. The earliest known card was created and mailed in 1845 by Victorian painter William Charles Dobson. A year later, another painter, John Calcott Horsley, was asked to provide a lithographed card to be sent out by admission, the too-busy Sir Henry Cole, keeper of the records at the British Treasury Office, and thanks to him we have ever since been wishing one and othello - an critical essays all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! For my part I leave you with some much older Christmas wishes in verses that predate Thomas Nast and even Charles Dickens, and which eloquently portray a yearning for imagined simpler days and happier hearts: Too busy or too indolent to write personal greetings, Sir Henry Cole stands accused of being the sender of the second mass-produced Christmas and New Year's card in 1846.

He at pharmacy admission essay least wrote in othello - an interpretation essays the recipient's name and signed his own on the line. Click image to enlarge. Loud songs to the praise. Of good old English pleasures: To the pharmacy essay Christmas cheer, And the assignment foaming beer,

And the pharmacy essay buttery's solid treasures;— And the rich spiced wine, And the boar's head grimly staring; To the frumenty, And the hot mince pie, Which all folks were for sharing;—

In their green array, Spread over the walls and dishes; To the swinging sup. Of the wassail cup, With its toasted healths and wishes;— Of the hearty kiss, Where the mistletoe was swinging; When the berry white, Was claimed by right, On the pale green branch clinging;—

From a guiltless shame, And the essay lips, so bold in stealing, Had never broke. The vows they spoke, Of truth and manly feeling;— By the gossip old, O'er the essay embers dimly glowing, While the pattering sleet. On the casements beat, And the community thesis blast was hoarsely blowing;—

To the tuneful wait. Or the glad, sweet voices blending, When the carol rose, At the midnight's close, To the pharmacy sleeper's ear ascending;— To all pleasant ways, When the online reservation system thesis good folks knew their station; When God was fear'd,

And the king revered, By the hearts of a grateful nation;— Was sacred still, As a law, by his children heeded; And none could brook. The mild sweet look, When a mother gently pleaded;— Of the light and vain. With a smile was never greeted; And each smooth pretense, By plain good sense,

With its true desert was treated. First published at Christmastide in pharmacy admission 1832, the wistful verses clearly reflected dismay at lost contentment, the eroding of family values, and the decline of morality and research civility. Essay. Now, 173 Christmases later, what else is online system new? This article was originally published in the Christmas 2005 edition of the “Colonial Williamsburg” journal. Williamsburg-based Ivor Noël Hume is admission a frequent contributor to othello interpretation essays, the journal.