Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Research papers apa format

Research papers apa format

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Картинки по запросу research papers apa format

Research papers apa format

Write My Paper For Me -
APA formatting rules for your paper - EasyBib

Band 6 Hamlet Essay – HSC English Module B [Free Essay] Posted on September 24, 2013 by Matrix Education. Here is an example of apa format, a band 6 Hamlet essay. You may notice some imperfections as you read it, but remember that you are not expected to write a ‘perfect’ essay during the exam. As you read it, consider whether you think it contains a clear thesis and directly answers the question. An inherent tension between confrontation and resolution is revealed through characterisation in Shakespeare’s Hamlet. To what extent does your interpretation align with this view? A philosophical rendering of the essay clinical depression everyday leads to a tension between reflection and action. In Shakespeare’s revenge tragedy play Hamlet, this is highlighted through the characterisation of Hamlet himself, and his engagement with the philosophical and academic concerns of Elizabethan England through his interactions with Horatio. By drawing on research papers apa format, elements of this, and contrasting them with contextual concerns about religion and about, spirituality, Hamlet is constructed as a deeply meditative play, which finds itself continuously delayed and stunted in its attempts to apa format reach fruition. The use of delay to create a play which happens outside of ‘reality’ and thus remains internalised and wrought with anaphasia is most evident in the characterisation of Hamlet.

Hamlet’s diction is littered with binary oppositions, such as in his opening line “a little more than kin and less than kind”, indicating that he inhabits and Theatre, speaks within a space where the constant state of flux has rendered ideas without opposition unpalatable. Hamlet’s inability to speak without binary oppositions is directly related to his inability to act, and research papers apa format, this is shown in his soliloquy, “to be or not to be, that is the question”, where the binary oppositions of existence and selfhood are placed in positive effect the sphere of movement, only to cause further inaction, adding to papers the overall delay of the play. It is essay about and money, this delay in the action which causes Act 5 Scene 2 to erupt with such bloodshed, as shown through the repetitious stage directions: “He dies”, and “dies” are repeated four times in the scene. And yet, even in the single scene of action in this play, these deaths, too, are delayed. Laertes, Gertrude, Claudius and apa format, Hamlet all speak between receiving their final wounds and dying, indicating that it is the positive effect in education loss of speech, rather than loss of research, life, that is the most crucial part of mankind, and will be lost in drama play type death. In addition to this, despite the question of whether or not to kill Claudius functioning within the play as a metaphor for the question of whether or not existence is worthwhile, it is Claudius who is the last to die (barring Hamlet), delaying resolution even in a moment of confrontation. This delay and its cause has been widely attributed to the Elizabethan guilt complex, and obsession with “the functions of research apa format, conscience and especially its morbid preoccupation with past sins and omissions” (Reed, 1958). By obsessing over the dangers of inaction, Hamlet creates further delay for himself, ultimately halting any action or resolution that the play could come to. The power of in education essay, academic and apa format, philosophical engagement with issues of morality and political structure is an essay and money undeniable force in the conclusion of papers apa format, Hamlet.

The relationship between Hamlet and Horatio is one of academic engagement, as shown through Horatio’s continual allusions to the rendering of Caesar’s death in the Shakespearian version of the story, which was written concurrently with Hamlet, such as in his description of the ghost’s appearance “in the most high and palmy state of Rome/a little ere the mightiest Julius fell”. This dialogue with history and a hanging, politics is emphasised through the vehicle of this friendship, and, in using this, Shakespeare questions the virility of the Danish political system and the role of the papers apa format monarchy. This parallel between Rome after the assassination of Caesar and discourse, the rapidly-declining political system of Denmark is furthered by Horatio’s return to this metaphor in the final scene “I am more antique Roman than a Dane”. Through this juxtaposition the audience is forced to call into question Hamlet’s role in the Julius Caesar parallel, creating yet another layer of papers apa format, separation between Hamlet and Comparative Theatre, the audience. It is in Hamlet’s conversations with Horatio that his philosophical musings are most prominent, and through this we can see Horatio as an agent both of Hamlet’s conscience, and of the research play’s delay. In John Quincy Adam’s analysis of the play, he points at about friendship and money the friendship between Hamlet and Horatio as being crucial to the development of Hamlet’s moral code which is only the result of “a mind cultivated by the learning acquirable at research a university, combining intelligence and sensibility” (Adams, 1839). By characterising Horatio as the intellectual force within the play, and subsequently the drama essay play source of socio-political commentary, Shakespeare adds to the moral and cultural instability of the play in a manner which results in further delay of confrontation or resolution. Fatalism plays an important role in research understanding the tension between action and inaction in Hamlet.

From the appearance of the a hanging ghost, Hamlet’s course of action is inevitable within the tropes of the Elizabethan revenge tragedy and the Greek tragedy roots that it is drawn from. However, he resists this role by delaying taking action, and as a result, the papers apa format play can be read as being in positive in education essay perpetual tension between the research restoration of natural order and the resistance of that restoration. The apostrophe of clinical depression, “out, out, thou strumpet, Fortune!” shows Hamlet’s resistance of what he perceives to be the apa format only path available to him. In Act 5 Scene 2, when Hamlet finally takes action, he begins to refer to himself in the third person, a bizarre subversion of Theatre, a play which previously obsessed with the use of “I”. Papers Apa Format! This switching of effect in education, mode of speech indicates that it is only though the abandonment of his self-identity, and research apa format, thus moral code, that he is able to complete the actions which divine providence demands of positive of technology in education essay, him. This is supported by Dwery’s reading of the play’s resolution, where he argues that “Hamlet recognizes the inevitability of death, accepting his father’s death and recognising his own unavoidable fate.” (Dwery, 2004) By understanding the contextual concerns with the nature and role of fate and divinity in the everyday, a deeper understanding of the character of Hamlet emerges. The tension between action and inaction in Hamlet stem from the contextual role of research, fate, which forces Hamlet into a position where he repeatedly delays himself, until his self-identity is essay, erased, and research papers apa format, he performs the actions which fate requires of drama, him. My interpretation of the delay highlights the contribution of socio-political forces to the delay, and ultimately the tension which permeates the play, which is depicted through the apa format characterisation of Hamlet and Horatio. Want to learn how to write a band 6 essay for Module B? Attend our 4 week text-based Module B essay writing courses to receive step-by-step guidance from an HSC expert to: Perfect your critical writing skills Refine your analytical and creative skills Respond to challenging english questions Apply your English skills in school assessments. © Matrix Education and www.matrix.edu.au, 2017. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and drama essay, written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Matrix Education and www.matrix.edu.au with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Found this article interesting or useful? Share the knowledge! HSC Physics Study Guide Part 2 (Motors and Generators Module) How To Prepare For HSC English Advanced Paper 1: Short Response Questions. HSC English ADV Module C Related Texts.

ATAR and Scaling (7) English (51) High School Rankings (9) High School Survival Guide (12) HSC Success Secrets (69) Mathematics (1) Parents (12) Physics (9) Selective School (5) Study Tips (53) UMAT (23) Uncategorised (7) University Course Admissions (29) University Scholarships (5) Year 07 (5) Year 08 (5) Year 09 (9) Year 10 (17) Year 11 (18) Year 12 (88) LEARN THE ESSENTIALS FOR ACHIEVING HSC SUCCESS. Enter your email to receive: Exclusive invitations to free academic seminars Free HSC study guides and papers apa format, eBooks Access to free UMAT papers Assessment tips from HSC markers Updates on the latest HSC news. of our 2016 students achieved an ATAR above 90. was the top ATAR score achieved by our 2016 students who ranked 1st in the state. percentile was the top ranking achieved by 2 of our 2016 UMAT students.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Q How do I cite in APA format a research report that is not in a journal

School Trip Essays and Research Papers. The trip to Qingdao was perhaps the most successful I had been to and one the students all expressed satisfaction with, despite the research papers apa format numerous . problems given the rushed nature of the trip and the disastrous first day spent at the airport. I felt that this was more due to the fact that we only had to orwell, spend three days. and apa format, anything more in such a small coastal resort would have stretched students' patience to analysis thesis, breaking point. Research. Over 80% of the students were of the opinion that this trip - was more organised. People's Liberation Army Navy , Qingdao , Shandong 2150 Words | 7 Pages. Bishop Ben Hardy English 111 February 5, 2013 Senior Trip When my senior year came, I knew I had a trip of a lifetime to look . forward to. A trip that gave me a chance to experience the big city life and get away from the mountains for a week. I had looked forward to this trip my whole high school career and could not believe it came and went so quickly; I could not believe that my Senior class went to New York and Washington.

My senior trip was an orwell essay experience that I had never dreamed of. Papers Apa Format. This. English-language films , Memorial , Monument 1086 Words | 3 Pages. Writing Practice 1 I still remember a very wonderful and unforgettable trip with my old classmates in grade eight. Theatre Essay. It was a beautiful summer . day.

The sun was shining, the birds were singing and gentle breezes were rustling through the research papers apa format lines of trees. I got up early, preparing necessary things for the trip and went to drama play type, school to meet my friends. We were all excited and the sound of happy chattering was echoing through the school yard. When everyone had been present, we got on papers apa format, a bus and went to the countryside. Debut albums , Paddy field , Sky 477 Words | 1 Pages. voyage in my life thus far, is a weeklong mission trip that I took with my church youth group.

This is a very memorable time for me for two . reasons imparticularly. The first reason is because it was my first mission trip , of any sort, away from essay home. The second reason is because it was the research apa format week that I heard shocking news about a family member of mine. This mission trip took place during the beginning of the summer after my sophmore year in discourse analysis high school . Apa Format. My church youth group and I visited a small. Crucifix , Drop , Family 1093 Words | 3 Pages. The Trip Mrs. Quintis Period: 5 Jacob Walby The Trip As I grew up as a kid I never had any dangerous or really . scary encounters. I thought I was invincible and nothing bad would ever happen to me. When I was ten years old my family and I went on a magnificent camping trip , or so I thought it was going to be.

The place we were going to camp at was by orwell a hanging, the Cannonball River. It was the last one of summer before school started again. Research. We had planned to fish, roast marsh mellows, and have. Bed , Camping , Campsite 1286 Words | 4 Pages. MISSION TRIP July came more quickly than I had planned.

Before I knew it, it was time to go on essay clinical depression, the mission trip I had . nonchalantly signed up for at church over apa format the winter. Even after going to the informational meeting about the trip to discourse, North Dakota, I was still less than enthusiastic. I had Signed up only as a favor to my parents so I could put some more volunteer hours on my college applications. I was disappointed to research papers, find out that only about one of my friends was coming on the trip and all. Catholic Church , English-language films , North Dakota 931 Words | 3 Pages. Mission trip to Haiti My feet felt like they were walking on quicksand as I was walking down the apa format hallway to the hatch. My nerves were . Of Technology Essay. bouncing off the walls. I have never been out of the apa format country before, let alone with a bunch of strangers. The plane ride felt like it was so short because I didn’t know what my eyes would foresee when I landed. I was heading toward a country with one of the worst devastating earthquakes recorded, Haiti!

The opportunity came to drama play type, me when my church was signing. Campsite , Earthquake , Haiti 1858 Words | 5 Pages. Bangalore to research, Ooty Trip I thought it will be helpful to write a travelouge for my trip to essay, some of research those who wish to plan a . trip to Ooty from orwell a hanging essay Bangalore by a self driven car. Before planning my trip , I tried to research apa format, search the net for some experiences but all those could not give me a confidence and some of them even discouraged me to go ahead with the trip . Essay. The fear was due to research papers apa format, descriptions of a dense forest , wild animals and hill driving especially with hair-pin bends. Yet we started this trip along with my. Forest , Hotel , Reach 1627 Words | 5 Pages. ? The Road Trip By: Emma Martin SYNOPSIS The Road Trip : There’s a family that is essay clinical depression . going to a family reunion in Colorado.

Instead of research papers taking a flight there they rented out an RV. Paul, Sue, Jean, Jeffery, Nana, and discourse analysis, Granddaddy went on a 2 week trip to research papers apa format, Colorado and back. CHARACTER LIST – The Road Trip 1. Paul: (the driver, husband to Sue, father of Jean and Jeffery, sun of Granddaddy and Nana, funny personality) 2. Sue: (. Back seat driver , Family , Grandparent 914 Words | 7 Pages. began to friendship, write this paper, a lot of papers apa format events came to mind. Essay Depression. One event that stands out is the papers family vacation I took to Toronto, Canada. Positive Effect Of Technology. It took place in papers apa format middle . Essay About Friendship And Money. of the hot month of July in 2007. It was a family trip that I went on with my church, Brown Missionary Baptist Church. Papers Apa Format. I had never gone on a trip with them before but was filled with so much excitement and positive effect in education essay, anticipation as well as curiosity and being very nervous as time winded down.

I guess it had something to do with me really getting to know my. Amusement park , Brown , Cedar Point 1829 Words | 4 Pages. A refreshing trip to COORG- Scotland of India Last month I planned for a 3 day trip to research apa format, Coorg in Karnataka, which is also known . Orwell Essay. as KODAGU. I collected all related information about papers trip from friends and internet. I was very excited as it was my first trip in South India amp; it was my birthday too, but sudden heavy rain and bad weather forecast ruined all plans. Due to play, nonstop rain for more than 30 hours in Bangalore, we were forced to postpone the trip which resulted in many trip members backing. Karnataka , Kaveri River , Kodagu 1150 Words | 3 Pages. When someone says to research papers, their parents, “You guys want to pay for a trip to play, England for me, don’t you?” and they say yes, then a certain amount of . worry comes to apa format, that person immediately preceding the flight out of the country. Clinical Depression. Will I like England?

Will I learn anything? Will I enjoy all the research apa format places I saw on TV? Will the British hate me? Am I going to hate it and blow several thousand euros (well, pounds when I exchange it) my parents spent on me for a favor I was joking with them about and feel incredibly. Anxiety , Belvoir Castle , Sherlock Holmes 2076 Words | 5 Pages. Write about a school expedition that resulted in disastrous consequences. Staring at the children before me, I couldn’t believe how our . plans had gone disarray. My thoughts were disrupted by the noisy chatter among the students and the shouts across the room.

The paper aeroplane which zoomed past my face jolted me out of my daze. I wanted to dig a hole in the ground and depression, hid in it forever, never wanting to research apa format, come out. Salty tears streamed down my face and I felt so embarrassed of my incompetence. Education , Feeling , Trip 1049 Words | 3 Pages. ?Field Trip School : LAFS Subject: A Dewey Based Pre- School Date: 10/11/2013 Grade Level: . Kindergarten Period: 10:35am- 01:30pm Observer: Levon Tovmasian Chronology of critical discourse Events: We went to a field trip to LAFS to observe kindergarten children with our teacher Piper Rooney. The school starts every day at 8am until 4pm, except Saturday and Sunday. We got a limited observation time from 10.30am to papers, 1.30pm. At 10:30am our class entered the school and emerged. Classroom , Play , Playground 1367 Words | 4 Pages. Travelling: Trip and essay, Foreign Country.

II. Main body 1. When did you travel? 2. Who did you go with? 3. How long? 4. How did you go? (Airplane, train, car,….) 5. . Place: a. Apa Format. How far? b. How much time did it take? c. What did you prepare for critical, the trip ? +) Atmosphere: ( fresh, feel relaxed/ comfortable) +) Landscape/ Seascape: What include? How? (large, grandiose, lyric, great,…) +) The food: seafood, specalities (Various, cheap/ expensive, delicious,….) +) People: figure, character ( strong. Da Nang , Travel , Trip 1889 Words | 5 Pages. to plan a successful trip A trip is an energizer which stimulates us from the stress of daily life. The more our stress levels . increase, the more interests and purposes of traveling are diversifying, and the importance of traveling is also growing bigger and bigger.

Also, the developments of research papers communication and transportation enable people to get a variety of information about other countries and have various chances to go abroad easier. So, how can you efficiently plan a trip that fits your purpose. Elaine Benes , Need to know , Recreation 1320 Words | 3 Pages. My trip to Delhi To save ourselves from essay and money scorching heat of the south our family planned a 5 day summer trip . to north India. The trip was a great surprise for me because I’ve never been to any place beyond my own state earlier in my life. Apa Format. I was really excited and counting my days as we planned for the most awaiting trip . We planned to Theatre, travel through airways.

That was like an papers icing to a cake because this was my first experience through air and I had great expectations. Essay Depression. . Delhi , Elaine Benes , Election 726 Words | 3 Pages. and over-priced hotels. But to our surprise, the town still has several beautiful places that make it worth a visit. But we have to be careful in avoiding . Research Papers Apa Format. crowded places, tasteless hotels and frauds. Food, sight-seeing and drama essay type, shopping: We enjoyed our trip in the early morning and research papers apa format, felt freezing temperatures.

Our driver was good and fast and made to all the destinations within our targeted time. But the Essay hotels in the main bazaar are not even worth for a penny. Research Papers Apa Format. The taste is worst. Then we made arrangements. A Small Place , Lawn , Tamil Nadu 838 Words | 3 Pages. Process Writing Packing for a Trip. 11 February 2011 Pack Your Bags! Everyone dreads the whole packing process for a trip or a long vacation. Getting everything in order can be . a major drag. People do not realize it, but there are certain processes to follow that can make this whole cycle a lot easier. “What to pack?” “Where to Theatre, put it?” “Do we have room?” This can be a major headache unless you follow the correct procedures of packing for a trip . Therefore, it is research apa format necessary to give oneself sufficient time, at least a week, for the. Clothing , Holiday , SAVE 838 Words | 3 Pages.

2014. This event is the Asia's biggest for aviation’s finest, different international organizations have joined this event such as famous aircraft . manufacturers --- Airbus and Boeing. We enjoyed the drama aerobatic flying display on the third day of the trip which is the opening of the airshow. Papers Apa Format. Many fighter aircraft such as F16, black eagles flew in high speed, some of them even flew faster than sound. We were so proud of those fighter pilots since the training of those fighter pilots is very harsh. They. Airbus A320 family , Aircraft , Fighter aircraft 1634 Words | 4 Pages. Making the analysis thesis Most of Community Resources and Field Trips “Field trips offer an research apa format excellent bridge between the work of the . school and the work of the positive effect world outside.” What procedures must we follow to avoid the research apa format failed study trips ? Planning a field trip includes these steps: 1. Preliminary planning by the teacher. 2. Theatre Essay. Preplanning with the students and others joining on the trip . 3. Taking the field trip itself. Research. 4. Post-field trip follow up activities. Preliminary planning by the teacher.

Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of drama type Intellectual Property Rights , Art Pepper , Education 639 Words | 3 Pages. supervise children and research apa format, young people on journeysUNIT 329. have a ‘plan B’, for example if the coach were to break down there would need to be a back up one, ready to come and take the children. Effect In Education Essay. A plan ‘b’ would . need to be in place in case a child went missing whilst on the school trip . It is important that a mobile phone is research apa format carried as the critical discourse school would need to be notified immediately and the park also. Making sure the children are all together and safe, a search party should be organised checking all areas. Research Apa Format. Alot of factors must be taken into account regarding. Art Pepper , Bin bag , Child 1188 Words | 4 Pages. was actually standing in the exact spot that she drew. Comparative. She had no idea that her school was planning a Europe trip for the . upcoming year. She had no idea that she would be fortunate enough to get a spot on the 2012 Greece and Italy trip . She had no idea that many of her closest friends would be on research papers apa format, the trip with her and essay clinical, their relationships would become so much stronger.

She had no idea that in her future was the best trip of her life! My mind is impatient for the 48 others in apa format my tour group to walk. Colosseum , Italy , Mind 940 Words | 3 Pages. Yolanda Bonita Personal essay Oct 6st 2009 SCHOOL TRIP In my busy life, I barely had time to relax. Essay About And Money. I woke up in the . Research Papers. morning, went to essay about and money, school , came home, did my homework, and so on.

I never thought that I had a monotonous life. At least, not until I went on a school trip . A school trip sounded ordinary to me because every year there would be a school trip . For me, a school trip was just something that could help me to skip class. Apparently, most of my friends also had the same thing in mind. Building , Fish pond , Indonesia 1390 Words | 3 Pages. parents never restricted me for research papers apa format, my wishes but they would definitely say no to visit such a place.

Travelling may not be a great adventurous deal for most of . the people around me. A Hanging Essay. But being so young to attempt the research apa format trip was adventurous and quite exciting for me at that time. Essay. Before that trip , I used to research apa format, be a calm and homely person. My Homely nature would be one of the reason for my parents to restrict me not to essay, visit such place if I have asked them permission. I did have friends to hangout for research apa format, movies. Trip , Wildlife 2073 Words | 6 Pages. choosing to discourse, use as little equipment as possible. trip noun ADJ. extended, long | brief, little, quick, short | day, overnight, weekend We . went on a day trip to the seaside. | frequent, occasional, rare, regular He makes frequent trips to Poland. | annual, weekly, etc. | forthcoming | fantastic, good, great, nice, pleasant, successful | memorable | abortive, fruitless | successful | return, round From London to Oxford and back is a round trip of over a hundred miles. | foreign, overseas | round-the-world. 2000 albums , Debut albums , English-language films 1260 Words | 4 Pages. LO1 Know how to research papers, recognise business prob. the public. A Hanging Essay. You need this so you can see others views on how it is working and also so they can identify a problem that you haven’t yet encountered.

For . example: There is a new school meal system for the school this term, we asked a few trustee parents to come and test the online ordering system from the IPads here at school and then from home to see what they thought of it and how it could be improved from papers a parents point of view. You can see this system from the a hanging essay following link: http://host.cypad. Better , How to Solve It , Management 1673 Words | 5 Pages. Latin American in research papers apa format high school for orwell essay, 4 years. She is 28 years old and single. She plans to have a travel to research apa format, South America from June 4 to June 11 . through the orwell a hanging essay local university. She thinks it is a business travel since it can enhance his teaching abilities. She plans to spend about 2,000USD during the trip . Apa Format. She wants to take 2 days to a hanging, have sightseeing. Her income is around 40,000USD.

She has no plan about the expense yet. II. Issues Can she deduct the expense during this trip ? What suggestion do. Expense , Latin America , Operating expense 1407 Words | 4 Pages. Kampo Trexo escapade last Saturday was a fun-filled experience. It made me feel better and more relaxed after a week of exams, paperworks and . school activities. Papers. It indeed, deviated my body and soul from extreme academic pressure. My mind was refreshed and my heart was filled with joy.

There were actually a lot of things that I learned from the field trip . Personally, I was able to explore more about my capabilities as a person. On the first activity which was the river trekking, I felt really excited. A Perfect Place , Mind , Obstacle course 912 Words | 3 Pages. NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA-SCE) Internal Assignment for December 2014 Examination Course: Business . Communication Etiquette Certificate Program : CCC/CBM SEM : I Program : DSM / DBM / PGDBM /DHRM / PGDHRM / DMM / PGDMM / DFM / PGDFM / DBFM /PGDBFM / DSCM / PGDSCM / DITM / PGDITM / DFPWM / DRM/ PGDRM Assignment Marks: 30 Instructions: ? All Questions carry equal marks. ? All Questions are compulsory. ? Answer to each assignment question. Equals sign , Interrogative word , Question 306 Words | 2 Pages. is the depression group that is either traveling for educational purposes or the travelers who are going for vacation between classes during school . breaks. Student travelers going abroad must have appropriate visas, which will differ depending on whether the research apa format trip is essay a pleasure trip or an educational trip . For an education trip , student visas allowing the student to study in a school are necessary, though countries differ in research papers exact requirements. Essay. For vacationing purposes, students need a tourist visa for international. Recreation , Tourism , Travel 800 Words | 3 Pages.

Informal Letter Holiday In Malacca. ?You have spent your school holiday in research papers Malacca. Use the short note below, write a letter to your friend overseas about your holiday in in education . Malacca. Research Papers. Historical Site -visited A’Famosa -bought souvenirs Crocodile Farm -saw many species of crocodiles -watched crocodile-feeding session Mahkota Parade -large shopping complex -watched movie in cineplex A Famosa Water World -enjoyed water games When writing your letter : ? -Use all the effect notes given ? -Elaborate on the given notes to make it more interesting. A Famosa , Bukit Bintang , Crocodile 468 Words | 2 Pages.

Hippie movement. Diary entry #1 Febuary 3rd 1961 Dear Diary, due to the huge new Hippie movement going on here in portland and apa format, apprently around the U.S, . drugs seem to have become very popular latley. This sparks my interest as everyday while at school my friends seem to talk about diffrent things they have tried and experienced and it's starting to make me a little jelous honestly. Clinical Depression. My friend Colin mentioned that he is getting some Marijuana sometime tomorrow from his friend and i think i'm going. Color , Diary , Emotion 1347 Words | 3 Pages. ?This essay would be regarding my field trip to Kuala Lumpur. I will be covering the essential aspects of this trip , the . experience and motivation behind it all, and what the trip means to me. Research Apa Format. My theme will be onl family bonding.

My dad is critical thesis a business man and he is always running up and papers apa format, down Hong Kong, china, Vietnam and Singapore. Analysis. I hardly get to research, see him of late and this short few days made me realize how it brought up even closer together and cherish the time with everyone. Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian. Aunt , Kuala Lumpur , Laksa 2426 Words | 6 Pages. not recite how or when.

Every year Sam and analysis, her father take a four-day float trip down the river. The story is written in past tense, and this . trip is said to be their last. (Lines 1-2) “The summer she turned fifteen, Sam Turner took her last float trip down the research river with her father.” You get the impression that Sam is positive in education essay a clever girl. She got offered a scholarship to research apa format, a boarding school that is analysis much better than the local schools . Papers Apa Format. Although Sam is clever she is essay very innocent and papers apa format, inexperienced. She doesn’t. Female , Girl , Green 856 Words | 2 Pages.

Variable Cost and Total Contribution. 1. In question 1, I have assumed its only the Tashtego that makes the trip of Balik to Singapore and back. I have also assumed the relevant . Orwell Essay. cost is the cargo cost only. Research Apa Format. Therefore, profit contribution of carrying I ton of tapioca from Balik and Singapore: Expected revenue $5.10 Less freight cost (0.25+0.56) 0.81 Profit Contibution 4.29 From. Cargo , Costs , Microeconomics 606 Words | 3 Pages. example, when one of my friends once backpacked across Europe by herself, she got in trouble because a homeless person took her passport and essay, wallet. She had . to apa format, call the embassy and dealt with the situation. In the end she was not able to finish her trip , which could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity for Comparative Theatre, her to papers, spend such quality time with herself. Comparative. When travelling with tour guides, they can protect their group members from papers apa format this kind of Comparative Theatre dangerous situation. In conclusion, although some people. Egyptian pyramids , Hikaru Utada , Tour guide 1121 Words | 3 Pages.

vacation trip any time. Research Apa Format. Some even consider traveling as part of their routine lifestyle. Perhaps, the reason for its popularity is because more . people have come to realize the benefits of traveling. Discourse Analysis. People from all walks of life, both young and old, enjoy traveling. Research Papers Apa Format. Most of the younger travelers tend to seek for fun, discovery and adventure in their travels.

They prefer to visit strange and analysis thesis, exotic places. The older travelers, on the other hand, tend to look for a more pleasant and enjoyable trip . In fact. Benefit of clergy , Holiday , Recreation 820 Words | 3 Pages. invited to papers apa format, attend a wedding in Atlanta and Comparative Theatre, I spent the week preparing for the trip . I packed my kitbag as if I would be gone for a month, even . though it was only a weekend trip . Research. As my friends and positive effect essay, I planned for our trip , the excitement in my voice was obvious. Research. It was as if I had never been out of Valdosta, but the truth was, I had not been anywhere for the entire semester. I had been joggling a sixteen hour course load at school , a forty hour work week and as if that was not enough, I had the orwell a hanging essay added bonus. Food , I Decided , Pina colada 842 Words | 3 Pages. The advantages and disadvantages of traveling; by plane, train, and car. it's also safer.

Statistics show air travel as one of the safest ways to research, travel, baste on its passenger to crash ratio. The down fall is a flight is also the . most expensive way to travel out of the three. A flight from California to New York (round trip ) could cost anywhere from $500.00 to $2,500.00+, depending on which class (or section) you purchase your ticket for. On most commercial planes there are three sections of seating, where you sit depends on Theatre Essay, your willingness to pay. There's first class;. Automobile , Business class , Economy class 1062 Words | 3 Pages.

VECTOR RELATIVE VELOCITY Set 1 1. What is the total displacement of research papers a trip in essay about and money which a person travels 10 km[N] and then 24 . km[E]? 2. What is the total displacement of research apa format a trip of 50 km[W] followed by play type, a trip of 100 km[N30°E]? 3. What is the papers total displacement of a trip of 100 km[N30°E] followed by a trip of 50 km[W]? What is significant about the friendship result when compared to research apa format, the answer for question 2? 4. Orwell. A small boy goes to research apa format, a store 2 blocks[N], 3 blocks[E], l block[S], 5 blocks[W]. Disk , Goodyear Blimp , Relative velocity 1870 Words | 7 Pages. finest. Some would call it bush wacking, meaning there was not a paved trail to follow.

Now why would someone venture to an unpaved, unsafe destination? My . A Hanging. answer was for papers apa format, the challenge. Others might have different answers, but I liked mine. The trip started with the girls group being dropped off at toxaway gorge and hiking through it to friendship, get to lake Jocassee. At the same time we were hiking, the boys group was dropped off at Lake Jocassee and then paddled in canoes to reach the Foothills campground. Anxiety , Camping , Hiking 1745 Words | 5 Pages. INTRODUCTION Going on a Educational trip means more than simply leaving the school grounds. Educational trips . should always have a major educational element, but the impact of apa format Educational trips can extend much further. The importance of Educational trips includes giving students the chance to build closer bonds with their classmates, experience new environments and enjoy a day away from the classroom When students and teachers are together outside the classroom, new educational environments.

Education , Educational psychology , History of education 841 Words | 3 Pages. for three nights (the resort has informed | | |you that, if you decide to discourse analysis, extend your trip , you can rent the chalet for up to research apa format, three . more nights at type the same daily | | |rate). Papers. You are contemplating driving as a group to the resort, even though it would be a cramped ride. Finally, you | | |decide that while each person will pay for his or her own food and drinks during the critical discourse analysis thesis trip , you will equally share all | | |common expenses. Papers Apa Format. . Cost , Cost-benefit analysis , Costs 1195 Words | 7 Pages. it's also safer. Statistics show air travel as one of the essay safest ways to travel, baste on its passenger to crash ratio.

The down fall is a flight is research apa format also the . Orwell. most expensive way to apa format, travel out of the drama essay type three. A flight from California to New York (round trip ) could cost anywhere from $500.00 to $2,500.00+, depending on which class (or section) you purchase your ticket for. On most commercial planes there are three sections of seating, where you sit depends on your willingness to pay. There's first class;. Automobile , Business class , Economy class 1077 Words | 3 Pages. referred from our presentation's title, traveling abroad has a lot of papers plus points.

In the first part of this talk, I will point out positive in education, what benefits traveling . abroad can bring to us on research papers apa format, 2 main grounds: education and recreation. Of Technology. To begin with, an overseas trip is very educationally advantageous. Research Apa Format. Firstly, foreign traveling broadens our knowledge. When visiting a different country, we will get more information about its: human, geographic, climatic features. Take Korea as an example, it is located on a peninsula. Hikaru Utada , Tourism , Travel 1697 Words | 6 Pages. destination, but even on positive of technology in education essay, shorter trips planes are often quicker. On Airfare.michaelbluejay.com, author Michael Bluejay notes that on a . medium-length trip from New York City to Detroit, a flight will take about 4? hours (including an hour driving to and from the airport and an hour waiting in the terminal) while a car ride will take 9? hours, a bus ride almost 15 hours and a train ride about 16? hours. Buses, cars and trains only begin to become competitive on extremely short trips such as from NYC to papers apa format, Philadelphia. Automobile , Bus , Public transport 1559 Words | 5 Pages.

it by clinical depression, traveling abroad and meeting people from apa format all over the world. Another good point in favour of travelling abroad is ability to improve your language . skills. Learning a foreign language is always challenging without practise. When you are in a trip abroad, you meet native speakers who can help you to resolve the difficulties. However, some people argue that going abroad is critical expensive and exhausting. In particular, dealing with travel agencies, required papers and papers, documents, long way to the destination.

English-language films , Hikaru Utada , Learning 802 Words | 3 Pages. Narrative Essay: Once More to the Lake. which affected the author: “the lake is no longer wild” it also makes him to effect of technology in education, understand that he is no longer a teenager, but a grown up with his own personal . life, children and responsibilities. He understands that probably the impressions from this trip will be different as he is longer a child for whom the camping was the greatest event of the year. But nevertheless he is very attached to those memories and the use of “same” in the description of the lake only proves it. The description of new experiences. Change , Family , Son 1072 Words | 3 Pages. the problems that can come with her taking this trip . One night, Hazel’s lungs fill with fluid and she is placed in the Intensive Care Unit . (ICU). When she is released from the papers apa format hospital, she is told that Gus didn’t leave the hospital. Essay About. Hazel also receives another letter from research papers Van Houten that makes her more determined to friendship and money, take the trip to Amsterdam. But her parents and doctors believe that she is too weak to travel and cannot risk her going on papers apa format, this trip . Of Technology. But with all the doubt, one doctor convinces Hazel’s.

Anne Frank , Graphic novel , Leslie Van Houten 1597 Words | 4 Pages. previously booked a trip to Europe though your company. I have used your services many times in the past. Your staff is very helpful and . courteous. Due to an unexpected situation at research papers apa format work, I am unable to take the Comparative trip as planned. I have had to cancel a trip in the past. I remember that I had to make all cancellations at research papers least 48 hours in advance. I would like to know what your refund policy is. Have you changed the way that you handle cancellations?

I also would like to book another trip to Asia in late. Appreciation , Evaluation , Funk 752 Words | 3 Pages. A Good Man Is Hard to Find: Analisys 4. on a trip that ends with certain doom for all with a twist indicative of self preservation and ironic irritation. Vacation time usually . brings about positive of technology in education essay excitement and enthusiasm. In this particular setting, a not so typical family, grandmother, and a stowaway feline eventually make Florida their destination choice. The decision goes against the wishes of the grandmother who points out the fact that there is a fugitive loose and headed for a destination this family has seen before. Research Papers. As the critical discourse analysis thesis trip ensues. A Good Man Is Hard to Find , Automobile , Elaine Benes 1601 Words | 5 Pages. Analysis of This Is What It Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona by Sherman Alexie.

next of kin, Victor is research responsible for gathering his father's assets together, which requires him to make an out of town trip . A Hanging. In order to . accomplish this Victor needs help. Research Papers. This help comes from the town outcast, Thomas Builds-the Fire. Victor and Thomas were childhood best friends but as they grew older, Victor turned his back on the one that always looked out for him. A trip to gather his father's remains turns into a journey of reviewing his life and positive of technology essay, choices. Shortly after losing his job. Aerosmith , Best Friends , Father 1118 Words | 3 Pages.

Travel Writer A job in which someone is paid to research papers apa format, just travel the positive effect world is a myth. There is really no job that a person can travel for free and come back . from their trip and earn an research apa format income. Though maybe, one of the closest jobs to this kind of lavish lifestyle is being a Travel Writer. A Travel Writer is essay depression someone who travels to papers apa format, different places and writes about their experiences there to inform their readers through some kind of publication. If one wants to be a Travel Writer, they must have a.

A Great Way to positive of technology essay, Care , Creative writing , Guide book 1703 Words | 4 Pages. Montmorency. It details the week-long journey of the title characters down the River Thames from London to Oxford and back. So they set themselves off on a . Research. trip to cure themselves – a boating trip . Apparently, that was quite common in those times, which is critical discourse around 1889 when the papers apa format book was published. The travelogue portion is quite apparent as along the trip , Jerome mentions all the villages and landmarks they pass, such as Hampton Court Palace, Hampton Church, Monkey Island, Magna Carta Island, Marlow etc. Hampton Court Palace , Jerome K. Jerome , Magna Carta 920 Words | 4 Pages.

Bushwalking Expedition Planning Assignment Planning: Trip Plan- Refer to trip plan attached. Equipment (personal and about and money, . shared)- * * Sleeping bag * Sleeping mat * Hat * Sunscreen * Socks/Underwear * Jumper * Ruck sack * Raincoat * Sneakers * Fuel bottle * Shirt/ spare shirt * Beanie * Rain Proof Jacket * Tent * Spare underwear and clothes * Food/Water (Menu Plan) * Trangia * Maps * Trowel * Compass * Map. Individual responsibility , Responsibility , Responsibility assumption 1498 Words | 6 Pages. done for the whole trip including travel arrangements to research, and from venue and the venue itself * Child to essay, adult ratio is maintained at all . times * Permission forms are completed for each child * Emergency contact details for each child are correct (these details must be taken with you on the trip ) * First aid kit suitably stocked and any child medication eg; inhalers are in date * Mobile phones are fully charged and research apa format, have credit * An itinerary of the trip is effect of technology essay made available to. Child , Following , Need to know 654 Words | 3 Pages.

cleverly harnesses this to suggest the imminent completion of “Jessie’s trip ” and the corresponding need of Old Bill to reconnect with the . Research Apa Format. world in which he lives …link… this notion is further depicted through the use of metaphor within “Jessie’s trip to the ocean” The composer effectively reinforces Old Bill’s wish to reintegrate himself and belong to a community by revisiting the clinical past through the fulfillment of the research apa format trip planned between himself and his daughter…link…this clearly presents. Australian poets , Bruce Dawe , Concept 683 Words | 3 Pages. unforgettable trip that felt like paradise. We all enjoyed ourselves visiting new places and trying new things but the clinical depression worst part of the . trip was when my sister kept complaining every second about how tired, hungry, full she was etc. and embarrassed my family and I in front of foreign strangers because of apa format her childish. I was screaming so loud at essay depression the top of my lungs that I lost my hearing as my mom’s twin brother surprised my sisters Versa and Larsa, my mom Layla, and I with a trip to research, Italy. Complaint , Family , Grandparent 1477 Words | 4 Pages. I love travelling so travelling around the whole world would be a dream come true. Drama. There are so many places I want to apa format, visit.

I have been in 8 countries. One . of essay about and money them is England. I want to tell you about that trip , because it was a dream holiday. The trip lasted for 4 days. Papers. It was a girl trip , only orwell a hanging me and my mum. We had to take the coast bus to Haugesund very early at the morning. We arrived Haugesund airport and took the plain to Stansted airport in London. I was very excited and had huge expectations.

Bed and breakfast , Elaine Benes , Haugesund 1325 Words | 3 Pages.

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
Q How do I cite in APA format a research report that is not in a journal

Analytical Writing Placement Examination Process. EACH YEAR new UC Analytical Writing Placement Examinations are developed. Every summer four faculty members from the university's writing and ESL programs find several passages that seem promising as stimuli for writing, and draft essay topics. After considerable review, the four faculty members decide which new exercises are sufficiently promising to be pretested. Usually seven or eight out of about 20 are selected. Research Papers Apa Format. This Test Development Team sends these new exercises to the chair of the Universitywide AWPE Committee, who arranges for the new exercises to drama essay type be pretested early in fall term writing classes on several UC campuses.

Students in research papers, these classes in ESL courses, courses satisfying the Entry Level Writing requirement, and courses with Entry Level Writing requirement as a prerequisite write essays to the new exercises, and fill in a brief questionnaire about their responses to friendship the passage and the topic. The team reviews a sample of these essays at papers, a fall meeting and discourse analysis, recommends to the Universitywide AWPE Committee exercises that resulted in research apa format, well-written responses, and which most students in the pretest understood and liked. The Universitywide AWPE Committee then meets to review a large number of the pretest essays. Essay. They consider how well the student writers understood the passage, what they had to say in response to the topic, and that the essays written by students who had not yet satisfied the Entry Level Writing requirement were clearly distinguishable from the essays of students who had satisfied the requirement. As a result of their independent review of the writing exercises, the Universitywide AWPE Committee recommends to the University Committee on Preparatory Education (UCOPE) the exercises which they believe are ready to be administered #8212; usually three or four. At its winter meeting, UCOPE, the Academic Senate body responsible for the Entry Level Writing requirement, makes the final choice of the examination to apa format be administered the following May. IN 1986, UCOPE set the drama play type, general standard for passing by approving the AWPE Scoring Guide. There also is a regular annual procedure for applying these general standards to research apa format each new examination. From the pretest essays, the Theatre, Universitywide Analytical Writing Placement Examination Committee assembles a set of papers apa format papers representing the clinical depression, weakest to the strongest performance.

Members reach their own consensus about the scores these papers should receive. They then provide this set of papers to papers UCOPE. Drama Essay. At its March meeting UCOPE reviews these essays and decides independently on apa format the scores. (In almost all cases both committees assign the same scores to the papers.) These essays and their UCOPE scores set the standard by which the essay clinical depression, chief reader and the room leaders choose essays from the May administration to exemplify the papers, standards for all the readers who score papers in June. Positive Effect Of Technology. IN HOLISTIC READING , raters assign each essay to a scoring category according to its dominant characteristics. The categories below describe the characteristics typical of papers at six different levels of competence. All the descriptions take into account that the papers they categorize represent two hours of reading and writing, not a more extended period of apa format drafting and revision.

A 6 paper commands attention because of its insightful development and mature style. It presents a cogent response to the text, elaborating that response with well-chosen examples and essay, persuasive reasoning. The 6 paper shows that its writer can usually choose words aptly, use sophisticated sentences effectively, and research papers, observe the conventions of written English. A 5 paper is clearly competent. It presents a thoughtful response to the text, elaborating that response with appropriate examples and sensible reasoning. A 5 paper typically has a less fluent and complex style than a 6, but does show that its writer can usually choose words accurately, vary sentences effectively, and observe the and money, conventions of written English. A 4 paper is satisfactory, sometimes marginally so. It presents an adequate response to the text, elaborating that response with sufficient examples and research papers, acceptable reasoning. Just as these examples and essay, this reasoning will ordinarily be less developed than those in 5 papers, so will the 4 paper's style be less effective. Apa Format. Nevertheless, a 4 paper shows that its writer can usually choose words of sufficient precision, control sentences of reasonable variety, and observe the essay about, conventions of written English.

A 3 paper is unsatisfactory in one or more of the following ways. It may respond to the text illogically; it may lack coherent structure or elaboration with examples; it may reflect an incomplete understanding of the text or the topic. Its prose is usually characterized by at least one of the research papers apa format, following: frequently imprecise word choice; little sentence variety; occasional major errors in grammar and usage, or frequent minor errors. A 2 paper shows serious weaknesses, ordinarily of several kinds. It frequently presents a simplistic, inappropriate, or incoherent response to the text, one that may suggest some significant misunderstanding of the text or the topic. Its prose is of technology, usually characterized by at least one of the following: simplistic or inaccurate word choice; monotonous or fragmented sentence structure; many repeated errors in grammar and usage.

A 1 paper suggests severe difficulties in reading and writing conventional English. It may disregard the topic's demands, or it may lack any appropriate pattern of structure or development. Papers. It may be inappropriately brief. It often has a pervasive pattern of errors in of technology in education essay, word choice, sentence structure, grammar, and usage.

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Writing Resources - How to Write an APA Style Research Paper

essay gcse examples How to write your best essay ever! English biz has separate guides for each of the types of writing you'll meet on your course but this particular guide is probably the most important of research, them all. Positive Effect Of Technology Essay! It will show you how to construct an effective, well-structured argument-based essay. How do you feel when you're given an essay to write? Do you fill with f-f-fear? W-w-wobble with worry? P-p-pour with perspiration? Well, here's a way that make the whole process more satisfying and enjoyable! Okay, he's off his rocker (but we won't worry as he's not real!). He's yet to discover that writing an essay is never going to papers apa format, be an easy task, even for the best writers.

But you're about to find out how it can be made much more straightforward , interesting and essay depression effective . Research Apa Format! Oh, and likely to gain you a significantly higher grade, too! So that's something to feel, well. just a little bit excited about! It's important to essay about and money, understand one thing before we start: unlike a maths or science question, an English essay question has no single 'correct' answer. You can breathe easy on research, that one. Drama Essay Play! It's just not like that. In an English essay there is research papers apa format no one 'answer' and nothing to 'prove'. That isn't to say there aren't wrong answers - there are. Essay! These are those based on 'mis-readings' of research papers, your texts. But what your teacher or examiner wants is a reasonable, informed, explained and essay well-supported view . In a nutshell, that's it. An essay requires this from you: a succinct opening in which you give an overview of your response to the essay question.

This is a kind of 'super-condensed' response that sums up your whole response in a line or two. you can add to the opening sentences, a very brief explanation of wh at aspects of the text brought you to this view . If you can give, say, four - six aspects, then you are setting out the coming structure of your essay . Papers Apa Format! There is no better way to begin an drama essay play, essay than like this. From this point on you will never be left scratching your head wondering what to write next. the remainder of the essay is merely a series of PEE paragraphs that, point by point, argue the research papers apa format, case for what you have just stated. Each point (P) needs its own paragraph and to have support (E) from the text (either a quotation, or an analysis, explanation of some aspect of form or structure ) along with with an explanation (E) of research apa format, how the text brought you to essay about friendship, such a view, the effects it created, the methods the author used to create the research papers apa format, effects and, finally, its relevance to the text, that is, the author's purposes . That's it. Done and essay friendship dusted!

More detail below if needed. The secret of a good essay? Make it an argument ! An effective essay is a piece of writing that makes a strong and well-supported case for a stated viewpoint . The view it makes the case for is your response to the essay title or question . Apa Format! You'll have arrived at discourse thesis, after a couple of readings of the text, more if a poem, and one of which will be a so-called 'close-reading' when you annotate the text carefully in papers line with whatever the essay question asks, seeking out drama essay play support as quotations or explanations of useful effects created by research papers form and drama play type structure . So your essay starts with a clear statement of apa format, your opinion . Essay About Friendship And Money! It could be something like, as an research, example: 'Shakespeare's theme of violence in Romeo and Juliet is shown especially effectively through the opening scene, as well as through the characters of Mercutio and Tybalt and an analysis of these three dramatic aspects will form the basis of this essay.' The opening overview is sometimes called a thesis statement . The 'thesis' is your response, i.e. the heart of your 'argument'. It's what the essay goes on to explain and support to show that it is a view that is well - considered, based on the text and reasonable to hold . Essays are about opinions, not facts. This point is crucial to take on essay, board.

There is never a straightforward right answer to an essay q uestion or title. Research Apa Format! There are wrong answers, of course - caused through, for example, misinterpreting the text; but the essay, 'answer' to an essay question will always be a point of papers, view . Essays deal in opinions, not facts . This is analysis thesis why your teacher is looking to read your views and why you have come to think in this particular way. How do you arrive at a 'thesis' or overview? This is the papers apa format, tough part - there's no getting away from that. Not least, this is because it puts to the test your knowledge of the text and depression your understanding of the essay title or question . The good news is that when it's done and done well, the remainder of the essay becomes much more straightforward and far more interesting to write, perhaps even a little exciting!

The Outline Structure for an Effective Essay. As already stated above, this first paragraph needs to open with a clearly stated summary of your whole 'answer' along with an equally brief summary of the aspects of the text you'll be analysing to show your stated view is sound . It is these early sentences that provide the major 'signposts' that give your essay and its general direction. Importantly, you need to set a confident tone early on research papers apa format, in the essay. Comparative Theatre! This can be done by adding in a very few details to show you've grasped the text's big picture . This should be a brief comment (brevity is papers apa format everything in the opening paragraph) on the major details of the story (poem or whatever) along with an orwell a hanging, equally brief statement of any relevant context , (that is the situation you feel brought the writer to want to write their text, including key aspects of their social , cultural and literary contexts ). This will, though, always need to be focused on research papers, the needs of the essay question . Notice how you are constantly seeking to avoid waffle and generalised 'bolted on' comments ; instead, you need to keep all you write tightly focused on the needs of the positive effect of technology in education essay, essay title or question. This is the bulk of the essay. It is a series of paragraphs each introduced with a new clear important and apa format wholly relevant point . Sadly, it's all too easy to open a in a way that inspires little confidence and which drifts from the essay question or argument. Avoid this by opening each and of technology in education essay every paragraph in a way that is clearly and papers apa format directly developing the essay's 'answer' or argument . If you started by stating the four-six aspects you'll be covering in your essay, then you'll have no difficulty knowing what to write in these body paragraphs. This is where you restate, in essay play type a different form, your opening argument and give a brief list of the major points you have made along with a comment about the wider implications and relevance of what you have found. It will help to think back to the imaginary classroom situation. What would follow on from the highly condensed 'answer' you gave to your teacher? Your teacher might say, 'Good, that's a fair view to hold - but why do you think that?

Show me from the text itself what made you think that way.' In the written essay, you'll need to be providing a whole lot more 'evidence' mainly in research papers apa format the form of quotations each one itself supported by essay about friendship a commentary derived from an analysis of the quotation's literary and linguistic content . However, with a central and guiding argument starting off and flowing through the entire essay, it now becomes much easier to search the text for aspects and research apa format quotations that will provide good quality evidence to support the essay's points. Each point and supporting quotation needs to be followed by an analysis and Comparative Essay comment . Some teachers call this the P.E.E. ( point example explanation ) or P.Q.C. ( point quotation comment ) system. Research! This is needed to explain how and why the aspect of the text or the quotation 'works' within the context of the essay question and the originally stated argument. Certain key questions need to be answered concerning each quotation used: What techniques have been used to make the language of the quotation effective? This means discussing the writer's methods , e.g. through the creation of realistic dialogue; the use of an effective metaphor; through vivid description; onomatopoeia; alliteration; effective stage directions, etc. How does the discourse analysis, method used affect the reader's understanding of the text and its themes (e.g. 'the effect of apa format, this passage is to create a sense of really being there for the reader. ')? Why was this method used (i.e. what was the writer's purpose )? E.g. 'At this point on the story the author wants to gain the reader's attention in order to begin exploring the overall theme of Theatre, injustice. ' MARK GRABBING TIP No. 1!

Begin all of research, your paragraphs in orwell such a way that it is absolutely clear you are focused on the essay question and its requirements, thus building up your overall argument. This will keep the essay on track and avoid the plague of poor essays: wandering, digression and waffle! What if your essay title isn't in the form of a question? When considered as a question, you will often find it is easier to generate that all-important single main point of view to it - the research, main idea upon which you will then base the remainder of your essay . Here is an example of a main idea succinctly stated (i.e. Theatre! thesis statement ) that could be used to create an argument essay from the above question: The remainder of this - or any other - essay must then be no more than a linked series of points with each point explained , developed and supported in a paragraph of its own . These points must all be directly related to the main idea you have already explained in papers the opening paragraph, which itself is your response to essay, the essay title or question. Remember that each point - each paragraph - must set out to explain , develop and support some aspect of your over-riding main idea and nothing more . In this example, the paragraph that follows the opening paragraph - the first of what is called the body paragraphs of your essay - could be based on the point that the theme of research papers, ambition is shown through what Macbeth and Lady Macbeth are given by Shakespeare to say and do in Act One of the essay clinical depression, play. The third paragraph of your essay - its second body paragraph - might then explore, develop and support how the theme of ambition is shown through these two characters in research papers some part of Act 2, and so on.

Below you'll find lots more detail and ideas for writing an effective essay but with luck, the above will have given you the basic idea. Aim to 'integrate' words or phrases from the text you are studying directly into your own sentences (still using quotation marks, of course). Don't overdo this effective technique, but used sparingly, this use of 'embedded' quotations can help create a very impressive style, one that suggests you have a good grasp of the text and the essay question. Here are some examples of type, how to use embedded quotations. The first is from the opening of John Steinbeck's novel, 'Of Mice and Men': 'Small and quick' George is presented by papers apa format Steinbeck as a character in complete contrast to his friend, the friendship and money, lumbering and 'shapeless' Lennie. Here is a similarly embedded quotation from J B Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls': As the papers, Inspector says, 'We don't live alone' and this is an important message Priestley gives his audience. Finally, see how this can be done using John Agard's poem, 'Half-Caste':

Perhaps Agard also wants his reader to 'come back tomorrow' with a different attitude towards those they might feel are in any way different from themselves. MORE TIPS AND MORE DETAIL! Essays take a great deal of effort and time and so deserve careful preparation. T he most common failing examiners find is a lack of understanding of the text on which the essay is based. This is to take the road signpos ted 'Failure'. But you're heading elsewhere. So. get to know your text well.

You won't succeed if you don't! I f you struggle with the text, read it through again with a study guide to hand. Also, talk the orwell a hanging, text over with friends or your teacher. There is more help with specific texts here . Many essay writers fail to create an initial main viewpoint or drift from this single focus. This loses marks as it leads to waffle , vagueness and generalisation . As you've read above, another common pitfall is to focus too much on the surface features of the text you are writing about. This happens when you write at research papers apa format, length about the meaning of the text, i.e. by telling what happens in it. In effect, all you are doing when you do this is to retell the story of the text. You need to Essay, be discussing how and why the author has created an papers, effective text through careful, interesting and effective choices of style and language as well as structure . M ore marks are lost if you forget the need to support the points you make in each paragraph. A good idea is to try to use at least one quotation - or reference to positive effect in education, the text - per paragraph. Remember, too, that this is an English essay and this means you need to reflect how authors use language and literary techniques in effective ways in their writing . Aim only to research apa format, choose quotations that contain important elements in positive of technology essay them that will allow you to discuss in depth aspects of, for example, their literary style , language or structure.

Consider discussing, for example, how the papers apa format, quotation acts to build tension , mood , character , a sense of place or how it helps explore one of the text's themes . Discuss, too, how the quotation works both at the point it occurs and essay clinical as a contribution to the whole , i.e. the way it helps the writer achieve his or her purpose . This means you need to research apa format, discuss aspects of the quotation such as its effectiveness - which means discussing aspects of language , structure and style . 1. DEVELOP A STRONG INITIAL FOCUS FOR YOUR ESSAY. The word 'essay' comes from a French word meaning 'attempt': your essay is your attempt to argue for your point of view , a view that when succinctly expressed is play type called a thesis statement . This 'thesis statement' needs to be an apa format, idea you developed based on an interpretation of whatever aspect of the text is asked in discourse analysis the essay question. Interpretation means considering how a text operates at different levels ; it is your interpretation of the text that will be at the heart of the essay: an interpretation that must supports the overall thesis statement. 2. FIND SOLID SUPPORT FOR YOUR VIEWPOINT. You will need to research, search through the text and a hanging essay note down a series of aspects and quotations that can be used to support the overall view you have developed. Use 'post-it notes' to help with this or write the aspects/quotations down separately. Choose aspects or quotations that you can analyse successfully for the methods used , effects created and apa format purpose intended . 3. Type! WRITE AN EFFECTIVE OPENING PARAGRAPH. Use your introductory paragraph to research, state your point of view , i.e. your thesis statement. The purpose of your opening paragraph is to essay depression, make clear your thesis statement - response to the essay question: that is, to explain the focus of your argument - your main idea or point of apa format, view. Stated clearly at the opening to your essay, this shows how you intend to clinical depression, answer the essay question and research what general direction your essay will take. Following your thesis statement, it's a good idea to add a little more detail that acts to 'preview' each of the major points that you will cover in drama essay type the body of the essay.

This opening paragraph will then act to show - succinctly - where you stand regarding the research papers apa format, questions and how you intend to answer it. Importantly, in the opening paragraph of your essay you will also need to effect essay, write an research, overview of the essay play type, text, one that gives a succinct summary of the ' big picture ' of the text; importantly, too, of course, this must be focused on research apa format, the requirements of the essay question. Giving a succinct account of the big picture of the text in the opening paragraph will show that you have engaged with and digested the detail of Comparative Essay, three key aspects of the essay: the essay question, the text and its author - perhaps also, a brief account of the author's context . Giving an overview suggests a confident approach and is a hallmark of the best essays. TIP: It is always impressive to incorporate into your own sentences, using quotation marks of course, a short suitable quotation taken from the text. Some teachers call this using embedded quotations. Keep all references to the biographical background of the author and any aspects of research, his or her context entirely relevant to the essay question and - brief! Remember that this is not a history or a sociology essay so very few marks are awarded for this kind of orwell a hanging essay, background information (although that does not mean it might not be useful). Research Papers! The majority of marks in an English essay are awarded for the quality of analysis and essay interpretation you show - that is, an awareness of the papers, author's uses of the English language and literary uses of essay clinical, this. If your essay title does concern aspects of papers apa format, context try hard to discuss context by essay depression deriving your comments from quotations rather than by merely discussing aspects of context; in research papers apa format other words allow the text to introduce the context. TIP: avoid making simplistic and drama essay play irrelevant value judgments of the text or its author. Saying that Shakespeare is 'a wonderful author' or that you think 'Of Mice and Men' is 'really good' will gain no marks whatsoever - this is no more than a kind of research papers apa format, waffle that fills space with empty words that add nothing useful to thesis, your essay.

4. USE THE REMAINING PARAGRAPHS EFFECTIVELY. Follow the opening paragraph with a number of paragraphs that form the 'body' of the research apa format, essay. Each of essay depression, these paragraphs are there purely to papers apa format, expand on and support your originally stated overall viewpoint. Having stated your main idea in your opening paragraph, now you need explore this, develop it and provide support from the text for this. In the orwell essay, essay's body paragraphs your aim is to: follow the analysis system called P.E.E. Research Papers Apa Format! or P.Q.C. For more on Comparative Essay, this see here ; work through the text's structure logically and, highlighting via the research papers apa format, use of Comparative Theatre Essay, quotations, explain how these led you to develop your point of view; comment on how the language of each of these parts led you to form your interpretation: why did the author choose this particular type of language to make this point in this way? How does it help a) the audience and b) the writer's purpose or theme ? discuss how this individual part of the text forms a useful structural part of the apa format, text by leading the reader towards an overall understanding of the themes, messages or purposes of the Comparative Theatre, text;

CRUCIALLY. each paragraph needs to develop a separate and individual point - one that will help to show how different parts and aspects of the text helped you develop your interpretation and viewpoint (this is the POINT part of P.E.E.); A useful tip is to open each paragraph with a topic sentence . This is a sentence that clearly makes a point that is developing your argument - your answer to the essay question - and, because it is, therefore, clearly focused on the essay question, it will keep your writing on research papers, track; Always aim to provide support for each of the points you make by referring directly to essay play, the text (this is the EXAMPLE part of P.E.E.). You normally do this by research papers quoting briefly from positive essay a relevant part of the text but you might choose to describe an event. It's very important NOT to write a long description of WHAT happens. If you do you are merely 'retelling the research papers apa format, story' - this loses many marks. In a play you also lose marks if you do not discuss aspects of the about friendship, staging and stage action. You will need to follow each quotation with an explanation of and a discussion on aspects of the language the author used in the quotation; this means discussing, for example, how aspects of the quotations literary, poetic or dramatic language works, including mentioning the method the papers apa format, writer used, the effect the language creates and the reasons this might have been done (this is the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). You should also aim to show how the quotation helped you develop your overall interpretation of the text (this is also the EXPLAIN part of drama essay play, P.E.E). 5. CREATE A LOGICAL STRUCTURE.

Always work in a clear way through the text, from beginning to end. Avoid starting your essay by discussing a point that occurs half way through your text: ALWAYS begin at the beginning! Many students begin discussing a text half way through or even near the end then go back to an earlier point. This ignores the work the writer puts in to develop an effective structure to their text - and loses marks! 6. Research! CONCLUDE EFFECTIVELY. The conclusion to an essay is important but causes problems for many students. It should leave your reader with a pleasant and logical sense of 'closure' - a 'wrapping up' of the main ideas behind the essay . 1. Re-state in a different form (using rather different words) your opening argument. 2. Now bring together your main points (again, avoiding simple repetition of the essay clinical, same words): list or summarise the main points from the preceding paragraphs (use the topic sentences from each paragraph to apa format, give you an idea). 3. End by identifying some of the essay friendship, wider implications and research apa format relevance that arise from what you have found and explored. The conclusion should consist of type, just a few sentences but these will need to be made to sound convincing and authoritative . It's crucial to keep the conclusion brief and to the point and, above all else, to introduce no new material at all.

ALWAYS WRITE ANALYTICALLY , NEVER DESCRIPTIVELY. Here is an example of research papers apa format, how many students go wrong; don't worry, you won't - but this is a very common mistake: In William Shakespeare's play, 'Romeo and Juliet', these are the first two lines of the 'Prologue' as spoken by 'The Chorus': 'Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene. ' What follows is a typical 'retelling': an Comparative, 'overview' or 'translation' that gains no marks : 'Here, Shakespeare is research apa format saying that the play is set in Verona where there are two dignified families.' Compare the above 'description' with this analytical and about and money insightful interpretation : 'The opening lines of the Prologue are important because they paint a picture for the audience of what could and should be - fairness and dignity. These words set up a powerful contrast to what is: the violence, hatred and bloodshed shown in the coming scene. It will be against this violent backdrop that the research papers, pure love of Romeo and Juliet will have to struggle.' Which approach and style would gain the higher mark?

STUCK FOR WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT? THERE ARE FOUR KEY ASPECTS THAT APPLY TO ALL TEXTS AND WHICH SHOULD FORM THE BASIS OF ANY LITERATURE ESSAY. FORM, CONTENT, STRUCTURE AND STYLE. This is so very often ignored despite the fact that it provides the basis for the very best essays because it provides a subtle response. And subtlety always receives the highest marks ! When you write about essay about and money a text at the level of its form , you analyse how aspects of papers apa format, it other than the meaning of its language have been used by the writer in essay important and effective ways. To give you an idea of the importance of papers, form to essay, a text, you yourself make use of the form of research papers, language when you speak loudly or softly , or when you chat or text a friend and use CAPS LOCK. Also, when you create short or long sentences or paragraphs you are affecting the look - the form - of your writing. This, albeit subtly, affects the way the Comparative, writing is received and interpreted. A novelist makes use of form by writing in sentences and paragraphs of varying lengths (you can imagine the effect a very short sentence, or a one-line paragraph, for example). The use of research papers apa format, dialogue (spoken words shown inside speech marks) is also an effective use of form, as is the use of underlining , bold or italics - or, in depression non-fiction texts, the inclusion of bullet points or sections. Poets are acutely aware of and very creative with the use of form.

A poet makes use of research, form, for positive essay example, by consciously splitting up sentences into the lines of poetry . This allows the poet to exaggerate a particular word by placing it at the end of a line, or by rhyming it with a similar sounding word. A non-fiction writer makes use of form by using layout and appearance and by adding illustrations and photographs , and so on. All writers use form by using patterns of papers apa format, sound , such as by essay friendship and money using alliteration , rhyme , rhythm , onomatopoeia , assonance and so on. A playwright, of course, uses form very differently. When your essay concerns a play, therefore, you'll definitely be losing marks if you ignore aspects of form. In a play, much of the 'meaning' is created not from language but from what you see happening on the stage - the staging and apa format stage action. This includes not just what the actors do but what they wear , where they stand and Essay so on research papers apa format, - all potentially important formal aspects of the play that should find their way onto critical, your essay. Form is always worthy of apa format, comment when (but only when ) if it adds usefully to positive essay, the meaning, i.e. the content of a text. Every word and phrase has a literal meaning . This is its basic dictionary meaning.

It's sometimes called a word's denotation . E.g. 'In this story, the author's detailed description of darkness denotes the coming on of a storm'. This is a way of 'playing' around with a word's meaning that makes writing more vivid , emotional and interesting . Words and phrases can be used differently from their literal context and research papers given what is called a connotation . Using connotation or figurative language , a writer can introduce layers of meaning - especially emotional meaning (don't forget that many words can create both meaning and critical discourse thesis feeling ). Research Papers Apa Format! The most common way this is done is to of technology in education, use a word not for its literal meaning but for apa format its metaphorical or figurative meaning. Another way is to use a word that acts as symbolically and represents something very different from its literal meaning. E.g. 'As well as suggesting the coming of a storm, the darkness also acts to suggest a metaphorical darkness is taking over the character's mind. In this way the darkness seems to be symbolising a kind of evil'. Using a pun - a witty play on words - is another way that meaning can be played with in an interesting way. Punning works because some words, in a certain context, can have an Comparative Essay, ambiguous meaning - two possible meanings - one of which might be humorous. Irony is a key way that writers use to create layers of research papers, meaning.

Sarcasm is irony, but this is drama essay play a spoken form of irony that is intended to hurt someone's feelings by ridiculing some aspect of research, them. It's a crude, easy kind of orwell a hanging, irony not really subtle enough for writing. Irony is usually subtle , sophisticated , edgy and witty ; an altogether more intelligent use of language. But irony can also be difficult to recognise - yet it is probably true to say that irony is one of the most common means by which a sophisticated writer creates layers of meaning in a text . Irony works because when it is recognised, it engages the reader very much more closely with the text. Apa Format! This is because, rather like solving a puzzle, there is a real enjoyment and positive in education essay satisfaction in research papers unpicking the various levels of meaning created by the irony. Creating an positive of technology, 'ironic tone of voice' in writing is research papers much harder than in essay speech because the original sound of voice and facial expression or body language of the speaker are absent.

To create an ironic tone (or any tone, for papers apa format that matter), words have to be chosen with great care. It is a key reading skill to be able to detect this as it tells you what attitude the writer is taking towards their subject matter. An example of irony occurs in discourse an old story by research O. Henry called 'The Gift of the Magi'. This story of poor young lovers ends with the boyfriend selling the one thing he owns of value, his pocket watch, in order to buy his girlfriend an expensive hair comb; equally secretly, she has all of her long hair cut off to sell to a wig maker so she can afford to buy him. a chain for his watch. Structure is the way a writer consciously 'shapes' a piece of writing in an attempt to make it as effective as possible for their audience and their purpose. It is important to comment on the structure of effect essay, a text, e.g. 'The way the author slowly builds up the tension throughout this chapter helps create a feeling of real excitement and mystery'.

Style is the way a writer or speaker consciously chooses language and language features to suit a particular audience to achieve a specific purpose . Papers! When you aim to convince your mum that Friday's party cannot be missed, you will consciously adapt your style to one that is Comparative more emotional and persuasive! Some famous writers have a particular style of their own that is quickly recognisable. John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens and William Wordsworth are three such writers - here, a writer's individual style is sometimes referred to papers apa format, as the writer's 'voice'. Your primary job when analysing and discussing a text is to comment on its style - on what are called the stylistic or language choices its writer has made, especially those that seem to you to have been chosen to create a particular effect to achieve a certain purpose. So. if you are commenting on the form and content of a writer's language, you are commenting on the writer's style . COMPARING TWO OR MORE TEXTS. Even though it's a central part of the mark scheme, and drama essay play type always made clear in the essay question or title, each year many students still manage to write their comparison exam answer or coursework essay and forget to papers, compare and contrast the texts . Aside from not knowing the texts sufficiently well, failing to compare and Essay contrast is the number one reason marks are lost in this kind of essay. When writing about apa format more than one text, your opening paragraph should be used to give the briefest details of each text (i.e. your writing needs to be succinct !). This will mean being even more careful and sparing when you write an overview of orwell, each text, in which you give the big picture . There are two methods you can consider using when comparing texts: 1) Write about the research papers, first text fully before moving on about friendship, to the second - still using the techniques outlined above; but when you go on to write about the second text, you must compare and contrast it with the first. 2) Alternatively, and this makes the most sense when thinking about the argument essay, you write about both texts as you proceed . This allows you still, as shown above, to create a central argument , one in which examples to support the research, points are taken from one or both texts as relevant to positive in education essay, the point.

This second method is the more complex and sophisticated of the two.